PDA

View Full Version : Making my baby registry Stroller Help

JessK87
07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Hey everyone! Im having my very first baby in october and I'm making my final decisions on my baby registry. Ive learned that I am a stroller fanatic well baby gear fanatic and was hoping you could help me.

We live right outside of Boston. Im very petite and my husband is very tall. We plan on using more than one stroller so a bunch of suggestions would be great. I like a good push, easy to maneuver, reversible, and telescopic handles. The stroller would be for a newborn so a bassinet feature would be great. Should we get the UppaBaby Vista or the Bugaboo C 3 with the easier fold? Are there better options out there? I didn't like the old bugaboo but that new fold makes it a contender now.

I also sometimes take public transportation and feel the above strollers might be too heavy should we get the Bugaboo Bee? What other smaller strollers are reversible with a great push is this my only option for theses features? What do you think of the Bee cocoon?

Also what stroller accessories should I register for?

Do you think its in poor taste to register for more than one stroller?

Thank you!

swrc00
07-30-2012, 03:58 PM
There will be much wiser BBBers to answer your stroller questions. I don't think registering for more than one stroller is in poor taste at all. Congrats!

edurnemk
07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I think a two stroller combo is ideal. I have a Vista and a Bee (well, and a Chicco liteway for air travel). I love them both. Pros of the Vista over Cam are the seat height, canopy, adjustable footrest, separate bassinet (no swapping fabrics, you need an extra frame for the Cam if you want to avoid this), potential double stroller. Pros of the Cam are better suspension and handling, slightñy smaller footprint. I'm not too familiar with the feaatures of the new Cam, though.

Another reversible lightwieghts that I remember are the Inglesina Avio or the Mama's and Pappas Urbo.

OT but I got the Micralite Toro bassinet to use on my Bee with the Maxi Cosi car seat adapters, the Quinny bassinet fits too. I'm not a fan of the Bee nest.

JessK87
07-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Thank you for your responses! I think we will go with the Vista and Bee.

Can you tell me which Quinny Bassinet fits the bee with the car seat adapter? Is it sturdy or just doable?

legaleagle
07-31-2012, 01:13 AM
That's a great combo but if you are very petite, be sure to try out the vista in person because even the lowest handle setting is pretty tall. It's definitely my 6'3" DH favorite though.

edurnemk
07-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you for your responses! I think we will go with the Vista and Bee.

Can you tell me which Quinny Bassinet fits the bee with the car seat adapter? Is it sturdy or just doable?

It's the Quinny Dreami bassinet. I haven't tried out that combo but if you google it there's a blog or message board out there with pictures and everything. We've used the Micralite Toro bassinet, which is the other option and it's pretty sturdy, DH and I have checked it a zillion times, there's no way to pop it off without pressing the release buttons. My only issue it's that it doesn't lay 100% flat, it has a slight angle (maybe 15º?) so the head is slighlty higher than the feet.

Re: the handle height of the Vista, I'm 5'4" and use it at the lowest setting. The Bee handle does lower a lot more, enough for a young kid to push it.

BabyBearsMom
07-31-2012, 11:01 AM
There are a bunch of new parent facing options that came out/are coming out this year. The Baby Jogger Versa and the Uppa Baby Cruz both come to mind. Also, I am pretty sure that Valco has a cool new option coming out.

spannaz
07-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah I recall reading another forum where someone had compared the dreami bassinet and the toro bassinet on the bee+ and they mentioned the angle on the dreami was quite a bit higher than the toro so that is why they chose the toro.

Oh and if you're planning on getting the maxi cosi car seat then you'll use the same adapters for the bassinet as the car seat (saves you from buying both sets).

ETA: Here is a link to the picture of the Toro bassinet on the bee+: http://fotoforum.gazeta.pl/photo/5/hd/ec/dceh/SMatYYquQecNB8VSgB.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edurnemk
07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh, yeah, the New Valco looks very tempting as an alternative to the Vista. The seat turns into a basinet IIRC. It's called the Spark I think.

Yeah I recall reading another forum where someone had compared the dreami bassinet and the toro bassinet on the bee+ and they mentioned the angle on the dreami was quite a bit higher than the toro so that is why they chose the toro.

Oh and if you're planning on getting the maxi cosi car seat then you'll use the same adapters for the bassinet as the car seat (saves you from buying both sets).

ETA: Here is a link to the picture of the Toro bassinet on the bee+: http://fotoforum.gazeta.pl/photo/5/hd/ec/dceh/SMatYYquQecNB8VSgB.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's our setup, too.

The maxi cosi adapters work for the Cybex Aton car seat as well. We have it and like it a lot, it's a better car seat then the maxi cosi according to many.