PDA

View Full Version : Travel bag for Bee?

edurnemk
07-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Is there another option that fits the Bee that anyone recommends? I'm trying to avoid spending a fortune on the Bugaboo bag. Another stroller we own was damaged by an airline last Xmas so I'm paranoid now.

Bonus points if the bag can acommodate the Micralite bassinet (collapsed) as well. We'd probably check it at the counter, and I'll wear DD throughnthe airport. DH and my momwill fly with us si we have lots of hands for carryons.

roseyloxs
07-31-2012, 03:20 AM
I have used the baby jogger double bag (http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Double-Carry-Bag/dp/B0050OJ82W). I had bought the bag for my indie twin but used it for the bee when we flew internationally during our move. There is ample room left over so I think the bassinet would fit too no problem. The bag is not really padded it but it is thick and has served us well so far.

You could even check the dimensions of the single bag, maybe that one would work out even better but I am not sure if the bassinet would fit.

edurnemk
07-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks! Did it hold up well? I read some complaining about it tearing easily.

I'm also contemplating getting the Vista bag, since it's $ 60-70 cheaper than the Bugaboo and I actually also own a Vista (out of warranty since it's a 2009 so the travel safe insurance is not an issue for me).

mackmama
07-31-2012, 10:39 PM
I often gate-checked my Bee in the red gate-check bag. I used a bungee around the stroller to make sure it was secure. I also removed the wheels and put them in the Bee wheel bags inside the red bag.

If I was checking the bag, I'd probably go with the Bee transport bag. It's a beast and is $$, but I never had a problem with the stroller getting damaged. One benefit is that you can use the bag long after you don't have the Bee. I don't have the Bee anymore, but we still use the transport bag all of the time as our suitcase now. It's awesome and holds a lot of stuff. We often put our PNP inside of it along with a lot of clothes.

roseyloxs
08-01-2012, 03:12 AM
I haven't had any tearing or any other wear on our BJCMD bag. I have used it for 3 flights. Two domestic and one international flight. Also used it while transporting it cross country on a road trip. It was on the roof but inside another fabric roof bag.