PDA

View Full Version : ISO deal on large plastic storage bins...

ha98ed14
07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
like the 18 gallon Rubbermaid Roughneck ones. I don't care about brand.

rlu
07-31-2012, 08:31 PM
2 for $12 at Ace per their ad, no experience with IRL but we're looking for some as well.

jgm
07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
If you are not particular about color, I bought a Sterlite one with latch lid for 5.99 at Target this week. Only two colors were on sale.

gatorsmom
08-01-2012, 12:06 AM
A good time to find them onsale at Target is a few days after a holiday like Easter, Halloween, and Christmas. There always seem to be orange and black ones left over a day or 2 after Halloween that are on sale. I've found them for as much as 75% off before. Maybe no one wanted the orange and black colors but I didn't care! I stocked up! Those things are expensive.

I've noticed that now is a bad time to buy them (at Target at least). I think they are marking up their prices for college students going back to school.

cntrymoon2
08-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Big Lots has a decent selection, but their prices are only marginally better than big box stores. I usually hit Big Lots with a 20% coupon. My advice is if you find a great deal, but 3 times as many as you think you need. You will ALWAYS find a use for them. And it doesn't take much more room to store additional bins.

ha98ed14
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I thought I would pass on this "deal." I was desperate and ended up ordering from Walmart. I got 8 bins for $40.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-18-Gallon-Tote-Blue-Eclipse-Set-of-8/20699637

bostonsmama
08-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I thought I would pass on this "deal." I was desperate and ended up ordering from Walmart. I got 8 bins for $40.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-18-Gallon-Tote-Blue-Eclipse-Set-of-8/20699637

part of the reviews said these bins are cheaper in store, but a great price if you're homebound.

ourbabygirl
08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, OP; I've been wondering the same thing.
Anyone know if the bins at Big Lots are clear? Or if there's a good deal anywhere on clear ones?

Thanks! :)

WatchingThemGrow
08-01-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-66-qt-Latch-Box-Set-of-6-Blue-Eclipse/20699702
I like these clear ones. They change the color of the latches every few years, but they almost always have them in stock. In case you need more down the road, it is good they stack well. I love being able to see what is inside the boxes.

tabegle
08-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Just a heads up, if you buy from walmart.com, if you can, select in store pick up. That way you can inspect the package and try to exchange for unbroken pieces from their shelves.

I've ordered in bulk before and I've never gotten a completely unbroken Sterilite package. It doesn't prevent me from ordering though. :)

cntrymoon2
08-02-2012, 01:00 AM
The Big Lots bins are clear- they are the 66 qt latched boxes that a PP linked to. They have several different sizes available at any given time. I think the price is $8 or 9 for the 66 qt? Some stores have much better selections than others, though.

ha98ed14
08-02-2012, 01:02 AM
part of the reviews said these bins are cheaper in store, but a great price if you're homebound.

I saw that too. I got free shipping so it worked out to $5/bin. I can't imagine a better deal, but maybe it is. This was good enough for me tho. I'll report back if they arrive in one piece or not.

Blue Hydrangea
08-02-2012, 01:02 PM
My buy price for 18 gallon bins is $5, and I've only gotton them for that price for red and green ones during after-Christmas clearance and orange and black after Halloween, so I still think you got a pretty good deal. I also wonder if the clear ones are more likely to be broken in shipping? They are more rigid than the opaque colors, so I'm thinking the solid colored ones might have a better shot and holding up to shipping.