PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruises

PZMommy
07-31-2012, 08:02 PM
My husband and I are considering a Disney cruise next summer. We will have an almost 4 yr old and an almost 2 yr old then. Any tips or suggestions about booking? Things we need to know? We are planning to find a travel agent to book through since this is our first "big" vacation. Part of me worries the boys are too young, but my husband is dying to travel, and at least going on a Disney cruise will give us lots of things to do with the kids. Thanks!

Dawn

nfowife
07-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Not sure how old your 2 year old will be (young 2 or almost 3) but the kid's club only takes kids 3 and up or if your child is 2 AND potty trained they will do a trial run and see how they do. Just something to think about. The 2 year old can go in the pay nursery, though.
I think Norwegian or Royal Carribean take 2 year olds in their kids club, can't remember which one it is.
We loved out Disney cruise but my kids were over 3 (baby wasn't here yet :) )

PZMommy
07-31-2012, 11:21 PM
Thank you! We plan to keep the boys with us, or at least the baby. The older one may like the kids club better than being with mommy and daddy. lol

Dawn

hellbennt
08-06-2012, 08:24 AM
Here's a thread I saved
Disney Cruise Help Request (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=421864) [:)]

There's a name of a travel agent
hth

azazela
08-07-2012, 02:33 PM
We just came back from the Disney Magic cruise out of NYC with a 5 year old and a 2 year old. It was awesome! We booked through Disney directly but I think you may be able to get a better deal booking through a travel agent. I just prefer not to do that unless absolutely necessary, I don't like going through a middleman if I can help it.

My 5 year old loved the club and asked to go often. My 2 year old did go to the nursery ($6 per hour) a few times: twice so that we could go to Palo (dinner and brunch) and once just to let us have some lazy adult time to ourselves. He loved it as well and did great!

The only caveat that might matter to you is that children who are not potty trained are not allowed in the pools. There is a small sprayground area where they ARE allowed but that's it. It didn't matter for us since our two year old is not a huge fan of being in a pool right now, but might matter to you if your child is really into being in a pool. This is the same across all cruiselines as far as I know.

If you have any questions - ask away while it's all fresh in my memory. :ROTFLMAO:

Also, troll around DISboards - they have a board specific to the cruiseline (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9). It's a good place to ask questions but also has a very good search function - I found that most of the questions I had were asked and answered before me.

Tondi G
08-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Not sure how old your 2 year old will be (young 2 or almost 3) but the kid's club only takes kids 3 and up or if your child is 2 AND potty trained they will do a trial run and see how they do. Just something to think about. The 2 year old can go in the pay nursery, though.
I think Norwegian or Royal Carribean take 2 year olds in their kids club, can't remember which one it is.
We loved out Disney cruise but my kids were over 3 (baby wasn't here yet :) )

Norwegian used to take 2 year olds but are upping the age to 3, I believe. Carnival takes 2 year olds and will change diapers. We have been on Royal Caribbean and it is an awesome cruise line and way less expensive than Disney. If you choose one of the newer ships (Allure/Oasis) they have a nursery program as well.

alien_host
08-07-2012, 11:01 PM
I booked directly through DCL and was able to transfer that reservation to Costco Travel and get a costco cash card (sent after sailing). I had all my questions answered by DCL and booked my early dinner seating and other special requests with DCL and transfered it before my final payment. Just do it at least a week before your final payment is due to ensure it goes through as you have to file some paperwork w/ DCL.

Of course it remains to be seen if it works since I haven't cruised yet, but I do have a confirm from Costco showing my cash card amount. Also I was able to do my excursions and check-in online etc.

PZMommy
08-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Thank you for all of the info.

My 3 yr old would be a month shy of being 4 then and he is already potty trained. The baby will be nearly 2. He has some health issues, so we would be keeping him with us and not in a nursery. Not being able to go in a pool would not be a deal breaker for him. He hates baths, so I'm guessing pools wouldn't be high on his list of things to do. lol

I will check out some of the other links.

Dawn