PDA

View Full Version : Hanna unders, good for...

ha98ed14
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
those without the best wiping skills? I'm thinking I need thick and absorbent.

I know I've been posting a lot about this "issue." I'm not obsessed, I promise. I just know my kid. She does not like to get her hands dirty and at 5 is still anxious around some aspects of #2 like when she was PTing. The last thing I want is for her to freak out at school. The most likely scenario if DD does #2 at school is that she will not even attempt to wipe herself; therefore, I am preparing myself for skid marks. (Note that those Gymbo pants were brown. We have some stained pink Hanna bike shorts that were the victim of skid marks that went unnoticed into the wash...)

So WDYT? Are Hanna unders a good bet for dealing with this?

AnnieW625
08-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't really know, but I know sometimes even though DD1 thinks she is a proficient wiper sometimes she gets skid marks as well and I haven't had a problem with the Hanna ones staining. Our Target Hello Kitty and Dora unders don't stain either. I highly recommend Childrens Place underwear now (I think DD1 has the briefs (http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_-1_918360_633626_27151%7C133136_girl%7Csleep%20&%20underwear_girl), which aren't as low cut as the Hanna classic), which if you are on a budget are 3 pairs for $6 or something and they feel a lot like Hanna Andersson and have covered waist bands as well. They have faded more than Hanna, but otherwise they wear just as well for just over half the price. They also honestly fit my DD1 a bit better than the Hanna hipsters (even in the non bad hipsters she still has some gaping in the crotch). I haven't tried them, but it looks like Fruit of the Loom now makes elastic covered panties as well. I saw them at Target recently, and a girl at DD1's swim class had a pair and when her mom held them up (to give them to her daughter) I thought they were DD1's solid Hanna hipsters.

eta: in regards to the wiping would it help if you kept some baby type wipes like Kandoo or Wet Ones in the bathroom and told her to use those instead of wiping? We used baby wipes with DD1 on a regular basis at home until the last couple of months. I think it was more of a security thing as well but I had no problem giving her one if she asked for them after going poop.

citymama
08-02-2012, 03:14 PM
To the OP, yes. Highly recommended. If anyone has tips on how to help with the wiping, do share!

ha98ed14
08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Ooo, Maybe I will try those. I have a FS coupon.