PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MB duet

amom526
08-02-2012, 03:58 PM
How upright is the seat on the duet? How is the canopy. DS likes to be very upright and see what is going on when he is out. He is also very tall. He is 35 inches at 18 months, and I think it's pretty evenly distributed between legs and torso.

I would seriously love a valco spark double, but I think that it's not enough all terrain for my needs, and too much for a car double.

I am thinking of the duet, and then a smaller double for the car if the duet is too hard to deal with in the car.

Is the duet newborn compatible without a bassinet?

I have an Indie single, but I am looking for something that feels a drop more sold. I don't think I want a BOB. I'm also looking at the other mountain buggies. The valco trimode double and the BOB's just look HUGE to me.

hollissmama
08-02-2012, 04:09 PM
I have the MB Duo not the duet but I read somewhere they have the same height under the canopy. MY 5yr old fits well under our canopy, his head doesn't touch yet. It really is a nice sturdy stroller. I really want to trade my duo for the duet sometimes.

amom526
08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks

would it be super overkill to have a duet and a Double city mini for the car?

hollissmama
08-05-2012, 08:08 PM
ha, well maybe. I think the Duet would do everything the city mini would do right? Are you worried about the seat size. Maybe find a BBB nearby to try them both out in person.

scriptkitten
08-05-2012, 09:10 PM
The Duet > the BJCMD

You don't need both. I found the duet easier to fold and stay folded, and thus better for the car. I hated the bjcmd outdoors and the basket is a joke.

I sold a bjcmd to buy a duet.