PDA

View Full Version : Children growth spurts.

BabyMine
08-02-2012, 09:31 PM
M just had a major growth spurt. His appetite increased but I just chalked it up to his new medication. Tonight I gave him a pair of pajamas that he wore last week and they are way to short. All his shirts lately remind me of Dora.
I didn't think kids big growth spurts happened until puberty.

crl
08-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Ds has done this to me a few times. He went from 18 month sizes to 3T in about a month. The 2Ts barely got worn. And he's had a few height leaps since then, most recently this past school year when his pants all became high waters overnight.

Catherine

LMPC
08-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I always notice it in DDs feet. She develops a ravenous appetite, then a week later I am buying her new shoes! I love it -- seems to happen overnight!

lalasmama
08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
DD's another over-night grower. It's a good thing and a bad thing. Her clothes get used for a long time... but when she outgrows something, her whole wardrobe is too small over the course of a week or two!

sunshine873
08-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I always notice it in DDs feet. She develops a ravenous appetite, then a week later I am buying her new shoes! I love it -- seems to happen overnight!

Now that you say that, DD has been eating like a champ all week. Yup, I'll be shopping again next week. Everyone told me that each of the "T" sizes (2T, 3T, 4T) would last for about a year. Um, no. For her B-day in Jan I had people buy spring stuff in 2T, thinking she'd grow into it. Ha! 2T hardly got worn at all, she's been in 3T for 2 months, and lots of the shirts are already getting short (the dresses are obscenely short on her.) So it's about time to move into 4T, and I'll be lucky if we make it to Christmas at that. It feels like I'm having to buy 2 wardrobes a season! Just another reason I can't buy ahead for her...