PDA

View Full Version : Orlando, FL Hotel question about hotels near The Peabody Orlando hotel

Tinkerbell313
08-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I am attending a conference the last week of November near the Convention Center. The conference is at the Peabody Orlando (9801 International Drive).

However, they only had 1500 rooms and those rooms booked the first day the room block was open. There are about 6500 attendees at this conference (last year it was in Las Vegas and the year before it was at the Swan and Dolphin with overflow at the Yacht and Beach Club, Board Walk Villas, and several other off site hotels)

My options, at the conference rate, are the Rosen Shingle Creek(9939 Universal Drive), Rosen Centre (9840 International Drive), Rosen Plaza (9700 International Drive), Rosen Inn at Point Orlando (9000 International Drive).

I want to be at the next closest hotel. Shuttle service will be provided but I rather not wait for shuttles and I want to walk to the conference.

The email I received back from the conference committee is that the Rosen Plaza is the closest and walking distance...but it does not look so on bing.com/maps. Although, since the conference committee visited the hotels, I am sure they know what they are talking about.

Thanks for any assistance

WatchingThemGrow
08-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I have stayed at Rosen Plaza and walked to the convention center, and I thought we ran into the Peabody from that south corner of the building, near Rosen Plaza. Granted, that was likely in 1999, so maybe things have changed. Maybe look at the Peabody's building map and see if the hotel is toward the N side and the conference is near the S side or vice versa. It's all really close together, well, except that you're walking near the HUGEST BUILDING EVER (conv. center.)