PDA

View Full Version : Bragging moment! 3 YO DS just swam 75 feet in order to go down the big slide!

sewarsh
08-03-2012, 11:35 AM
We were at our friends club yesterday and in order for my 3 YO to go down the big slide he had to swim 75 feet across the pool by himself without touching the side.

He did awesome! Youngest kid ever! Very proud.

On a bizarre note, if you are over a certain height they don't make you do the test, but WTF is with that? Just because you're over 4ft tall doesn't mean you know how to swim. I guess its because the slide drops you off in 4ft water, but still I found that a little odd.

FWIW we did ISR (Infant Swim Resource) survival swimming when he was 2.

swrc00
08-03-2012, 11:40 AM
That is awesome!

TwinFoxes
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Yay! Good for him. :thumbsup:

WatchingThemGrow
08-03-2012, 11:47 AM
That's awesome!!!!! You should be so proud!

(in contrast, my 3yo just walked himself right under the rope and into the deep end of the pool yesterday. Thankfully, I dragged him out and he was okay. He kept telling us he didn't need a puddle jumper b/c "my daddy taught me how to lim" over and over. )

He does the slide at our n'hood pool because he wants to go off the diving board. At EVERY. POOL. WE. GO. TO. he begs to go off the diving board.

infomama
08-03-2012, 12:18 PM
What a rock star!

hellokitty
08-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Woohoo! That is awesome! My suspect that my youngest could probably do something similar. He just had his first swim lesson last wk and the instructor was taken aback by what a dare devil he was. He's definitely the type motivated by things like the big slide (which he went down and just about scared the heck out me, since the sides on it have it gap big enough for him to fall through).

StantonHyde
08-03-2012, 01:26 PM
That is impressive!!!

KDsMommy
08-03-2012, 01:28 PM
that is awesome!:bighand:

peanut520
08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
That is fantastic!

♥ms.pacman♥
08-03-2012, 02:13 PM
WOW that is awesome!!! :applause:

and glad to hear he did ISR...i really do think those types of programs are so effective. my 2.5 y DS is halfway through doing infant aquatics (very similar to ISR)..while it's a big commitment doing all the lessons, i am amazed by how well it works in teaching kids how to swim & float.

123LuckyMom
08-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Wow!!! Good for your DS!

roobee
08-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Fun to see little guys swim like that!

I'm going to join your brag because 3yo DS just passed the 25 meter swim test at our gym on Monday!! They do the test during the safety break so there were a ton of people watching who burst into applause when he reached the end! It was so fun to see such a little guy go so far!

7yo DD passed the same test on the same day FWIW. I'm super proud of DD too because she did really well even though she's not quite the "natural" that DS is.

I've honestly been too cheap to sign either of them up for lessons, and now that I've decided that DD could really use swim lessons we're on a waiting list :(

liz
08-03-2012, 08:30 PM
congrats to DS!