PDA

View Full Version : DD2 keeps having accidents

ZeeBaby
08-04-2012, 01:23 PM
DD1 is 4. She has been potty trained since she was 2. When she started preschool at 3 she would have accidents when there was a new teacher or some other change in environment. She has been at her old sitter for the entire summer and every few weeks there are still accidents. It is urine only and usually when she is busy. When does this stop? Is this normal? How do I handle it?

hillview
08-04-2012, 02:00 PM
DS2 had this from time to time last year -- usually when he was busy in something fun. Often it was he would almost make it but have an accident. He is almost 5 now and it doesn't happen.

ZeeBaby
08-04-2012, 02:04 PM
She will sit with the wet panty and not say anything, which i find very disturbing. I don't want her to get a yeast infection or some other issue.

ArizonaGirl
08-04-2012, 02:07 PM
With DS (has been pt for a year), I have to remind him to go (meaning that it is not a choice, I am telling him that he has to stop playing etc. and go potty.) If I don't he will probably have an accident. I don't know if that is normal, but that is just the way it is and I have come to accept it (it does drive me crazy tho)

123LuckyMom
08-04-2012, 03:36 PM
DS is 3.5, and I must insist he use the potty. He will not tell me when he has to go. I don't know how long he can hold it, but I'm not waiting to find out! I make him go every 2-3 hours except at night (when he stays dry).

He has just recovered from a several day period of accidents. It was because he had a hard poop once and then was actively trying not to poop. It caused multiple pee accidents even though he was still peeing in the potty regularly. Don't discount constipation or trouble with poops! We use Miralax and a lot of fruit. Yesterday he finally pooped again, and it didn't hurt. Last night he was dry again (for the first time in three nights!), and he's been dry all day today. Are you sure your DD isn't having poop issues?

ZeeBaby
08-04-2012, 04:37 PM
No poop issues. She goes twice a day. I wish I was so regular lol