PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Umbrella tandem double

roseyloxs
08-04-2012, 02:24 PM
In Brugge, Belgium this weekend and spotted this tandem double umbrella stroller. Did not originally see any markings on the stroller. DH noticed something was written on the basket but the stuff hanging from the stroller prevented me from seeing what it said. Anyone have any idea who makes this?

For the record they didn't appear to have any trouble pushing the stroller around very bumpy cobblestone.

OT: also spotted a few cams, a maxi cosi mura, stokke, a lot of macs, easywalker duo (looked massive probably because I haven't seen a side by side in so long) and one graco (and they weren't American, so weird).

roseyloxs
08-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Oh I should also add it looked like the rear seat was fully reclined for a newborn. Maybe the photo will be bigger if I do this instead of using the attachment:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-cym7A-o3dHM/UB1ppaVtldI/AAAAAAAAAWs/cQ4iSKpktoQ/s512/umbrella%2520double.jpeg

abh5e8
08-04-2012, 07:08 PM
kinderwagon?

http://kinderwagon.com/

strollerqueen
08-04-2012, 09:40 PM
There's several versions of it floating around. In fact, we in Strollerland used to ship them over, until Eddie Bauer (I think it was) came out with their version.

okinawama
08-04-2012, 11:06 PM
kinderwagon?

http://kinderwagon.com/

I've never heard of that brand, but the pictures of it look fantastic!

roseyloxs
08-05-2012, 03:40 AM
I have seen the kinderwagon online before and this stroller definitely seemed more sturdy then that version. The eddie bauer looks similar though. I think the name on the back started with an N possibily and it gave me a polish/russian or maybe an asian feel with the length of the name.

strollerqueen
08-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Oh, I just looked up the one we used to import. It was the Marco Sky. There was also one by Safety First.

todzwife
08-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I wonder why they aren't available anywhere anymore...seems like a great idea.

strollerqueen
08-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I wonder why they aren't available anywhere anymore...seems like a great idea.
Great idea; poor execution. Small seats and hard to push.

todzwife
08-05-2012, 04:27 PM

Lol makes sense. Too bad!

okinawama
08-05-2012, 04:31 PM

I knew there had to be a reason, because it looks like a great idea. Too good to be true I guess!

roseyloxs
08-05-2012, 06:53 PM

This is why I was so intrigued because most of the cobblestone in Brugge sucked. I mean there were some serious bumps, my heels literally hurt just from walking on it. They didn't appear to be having any issue though so I was dying to find out what it was but that darn sweatshirt was hanging on it and blocking the name. My dh (bless his heart) did the ol' I have to stop and tie my shoe bit and still couldn't see the name (Note to manufacturer's: Don't put your brand name on the basket). He is pretty sure they caught him and considered him a security threat :hysterical:.

daniele_ut
08-05-2012, 09:51 PM
In Brugge, Belgium this weekend and spotted this tandem double umbrella stroller.

Strollers aside, I'm so jealous that you were in Brugge!! Dh lived there for 8 months before we got married and we visited in 2003. I loved it and can't wait till we can go back! We have a place here called Bruges Waffles and Frites and it's owned by a guy who grew up there. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

BayGirl2
08-06-2012, 02:30 PM

I considered a Kinderwagon because we really needed to double the capacity of our umbrella for daycare. But we now have a single-footprint tandem double with stadium seating in the US with a great push. It's called the MB +One. Same idea, AT, and the standing fold is not horribly bigger than an umbrella.