PDA

View Full Version : Lots and Lots of Clearance Toys at Walmart

flygirl555
08-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Had to run to my Walmart Superstore today and they had two aisles (both sides) FULL of clearance toys. Yes, some stuff you'd expect on summer clearance - sandpails, swim toys, water guns, etc. but many other things too. I guess they're making room for Christmas stock.

Lots of Lego sets, dolls, dress up clothes, My Littlest Pet Shop, action figures, games...too much to list.

Not much for the under two set, but lots for kids 3-10.

My kids are not even one yet - so the only thing I found was a set of Duplo blocks - 54 pieces - originally $24.99, now $15.00. There was a kick-gym too, but didn't note the price.

sewarsh
08-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Did yoiu happen to notice what theme of Lego sets there were (example, Star Wars, Pirates of the Carribbean, Friends, City, etc)?

Thanks

flygirl555
08-05-2012, 06:58 AM
There were definitely some Pirates of the Carribean and Star Wars. Didn't note the price though.

chlobo
08-05-2012, 07:55 AM
I heard from another board that the Black Pearl was on clearance for $69.99.

sail731
08-06-2012, 10:21 AM
I got a few of the Friends small sets for $7, down from $10.

anonomom
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Oddly, in the Clearance aisle at my Wal-Mart, ALL of the toys had red clearance stickers on them, but every single toy was actually full price (the stickers said, for example, $19.99/ was $19.99)!

But there were deals to bed had in the regular aisles. Lots of legos on sale:

Hogwarts $40
Knight Bus (HP) $25
Forbidden Forest (HP), tho I don't remember the price)
Star Wars Pod Racers $64
Creator Dinosaur $13
Friends small sets: $4.50
Medium sets (invention lab, pet rescue, stage) $7
Larger sets (tree house, dog show) $13

One toy I considered but put back was a Leapster Explorer2 for $25. I still might go back and get it. Does anyone have experience with it?

sewarsh
08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
PLEASE tell me the Lego Friends sets that are on sale!!!

ETA: I just saw your Medium & Large sets so that's enough for me to go on.
THanks.

sewarsh
08-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Oddly, in the Clearance aisle at my Wal-Mart, ALL of the toys had red clearance stickers on them, but every single toy was actually full price (the stickers said, for example, $19.99/ was $19.99)!

But there were deals to bed had in the regular aisles. Lots of legos on sale:

Friends small sets: $4.50
Medium sets (invention lab, pet rescue, stage) $7
Larger sets (tree house, dog show) $13

One toy I considered but put back was a Leapster Explorer2 for $25. I still might go back and get it. Does anyone have experience with it?

My DD would LOVE these sets and I would LOVE that for that price!!
Oh, I really hope this sale doesn't hit SD before tonight!!

crispychicky
08-07-2012, 05:53 PM
I finally made it to our Walmart today. ALL the Lego Friends sets were on sale. I couldn't find any Friends sets that were full price.

They had:
Mia's Puppy House $7
Olivia's Invention Workshop $7
Stephanie's Pet Patrol $7
Andrea's Stage $7
Emma's Fashion Design Studio $7
Olivia's Tree House $13
Heartlake Dog Show $13
City Park Cafe $21

They also had City Legos:
Satellite Launch Pad $13
Space Moon Buggy $3.50

There were some Pirates of Carib., Creator 3-in-1 Dino ones, and an alien space abduction one too. I didn't pay too close attention to those.

sewarsh
08-07-2012, 08:19 PM
I finally made it to our Walmart today. ALL the Lego Friends sets were on sale. I couldn't find any Friends sets that were full price.

They had:
Mia's Puppy House $7
Olivia's Invention Workshop $7
Stephanie's Pet Patrol $7
Andrea's Stage $7
Emma's Fashion Design Studio $7
Olivia's Tree House $13
Heartlake Dog Show $13
City Park Cafe $21

They also had City Legos:
Satellite Launch Pad $13
Space Moon Buggy $3.50

There were some Pirates of Carib., Creator 3-in-1 Dino ones, and an alien space abduction one too. I didn't pay too close attention to those.

I went to ours yesterday and they had no Friends sets except for Tree House and Design Studio, neither of which was on sale. :(

Kungjo
08-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I went to ours yesterday and they had no Friends sets except for Tree House and Design Studio, neither of which was on sale. :(

Same at the two Walmarts I went to. They were at full price. No clearance at either one.

kissmekate
08-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I finally found a Walmart near me that had the Lego Friends on clearance! I got Olivia's house for $49, Heartlake Vet for $30, and Heartlake Dog Show for $13. They also had the cafe and beauty shop on clearance as well as all the little sets. My dd's are just now getting into Legos. It looks like these are about 30% off. Is that a pretty decent deal for them??

judithchu
08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Same at the two Walmarts I went to. They were at full price. No clearance at either one.

I went to the one nearby my office but all Lego Friends set are still sold at full price. Is the sale various by stores or it has been expired?

anonomom
08-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Seem to vary by store. There are three Wal-Marts near me. The Friends sets were on sale at only one of them.

GrammyK
08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
I was in a Walmart today and wandered into the side room used for seasonal and clearance and saw a couple of toy aisles. There were a few small Lego friends sets at $7 (Olivia inventor, Emma fashion deisgner, etc), along with a mixture of other stuff. In another aisle I heard a worker saying she was marking things down 50% (talking to someone I think was a co-worker shopping). I asked if she could mark down the Lego friends. She replied that she wouldn't get to that aisle today but did scan and mark down the ones I'd picked up to $3.50 (50% off clearance price).

I went back to the section I'd been in before because I'd seen a father with baby and 9 yo daughter looking at the friends and told them about the ones marked down. The girl then chose some. I noticed some larger sets in their cart and she said she had the last one, then ran after me (so sweet) and said there had been another box of one of the larger ones and handed me the beauty shop which was marked $17. I asked the worker if she could mark it down and she did to $8.50. That was really nice since she was very busy.

Sorry I can't say what else was there but am sure both the selection and timing of the mark downs will vary greatly.

Karen R

zukeypur
08-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Thank you!!!! I have 2 birthday parties tomorrow. I hope there's something left.

hellokitty
08-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Check the garden center at your WM. That is where our WM puts most of it's clearance items, year round. I didn't find the toy clearance prices to be very impressive. Unlike Target they don't seem to continue marking down their clearance at any sort of regular interval, so a lot of times it just sits there for a really long time, but not at that great of a clearance price.

zukeypur
09-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I really, REALLY dislike WM, so I ended up going to target instead. I got a cute set of play food for one party, and DD picked out a playdoh cake set for the other party. Luckily I already had the exact playdoh toy in the gift closet, so we only had to buy one gift today. Now the gift closet is empty, so I'm ready for black Friday!!!!