PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime diaper for heavy wetter

SoCalMommy
08-05-2012, 04:33 PM
DD is 20 months and tall / thin. She is also a heavy wetter at night. We have successfully been using Pampers Extra Protection forever. Every time we start having night leaking issues, I have gone up in size. She is wearing a size 4 in Cruisers but we recently went up to a size 6 in the night time diapers. They seemed really big on her at first, but it was working.

For the last 4 nights she has leaked out terribly. However, mostly it has been leaking out her legs and sometimes the diapers are not that full which was never the case when we sized up due to leaking(she always leaked out her belly). She isn't sleeping any differently or wearing anything new that would cause this so I wonder if maybe this size is either too big and not fitting around her legs well enough or it's time to change brands, etc.?

I have read here that some parents have had success with one brand and then switched when they started having problems and other haved used a cloth diaper over a disposable.

What are your thoughts and/ or suggestions? Try a new brand or try something over the existing diaper?

We never used cloth, but I did receive some as a gift that I used as burp cloths. If we go that route, what do you attach the diaper with? Do people still use safety pins? I am really scared to do that with my active and curious toddler, but I am willing to try it if necessary.

wendibird22
08-05-2012, 07:56 PM
For DD1, way back when, we used the Huggies Overnights. She wore Pampers for daytime but the Huggies Overnights for bed. She was a very heavy wetter overnight and we had a lot of success with the Huggies.

SoCalMommy
08-16-2012, 02:56 AM
Thanks! I will try the Huggies night time diapers. Fingers crossed. :)