PDA

View Full Version : Good ice skates for a 4 year old?

ourbabygirl
08-05-2012, 09:53 PM
I'd like to get some for DD for her birthday this fall. I don't know anything about brands or where I can get them (I suppose Dick's Sporting Goods & Sports Authority, maybe other places?).
Any suggestions for a brand & good price? Is it worth getting a hockey version so DS can wear them in a couple of years?

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

elliput
08-05-2012, 10:45 PM
My local Dick's and Sports Authority don't carry skates, but that may vary by region.

For my kids and myself, I like Softec (http://www.jacksonultima.com/en/Index.aspx?category=cZatmDlF52twnR34ZL5Mmw1A2B3C4D 5E1A2B3C4D5E) skates by Jackson Ultima. DD's first skates were the Tri-Grip (she's now in Women's Classic). DS wears the Sport Jr.

Something you might want to consider is checking out your local ice center to see if the pro-shop has a consignment program. If so, you probably can find some very gently used skates for a great price.

sunshine873
08-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Check with Play it Again Sports. I don't know if they'll have them out yet, but ours usually has both new & used (great exchange program too - kids grow out of skates so fast, you can often get some used that have only been worn a few times.)