PDA

View Full Version : Evening chain of events?

PMJ
08-06-2012, 09:02 PM
If you have a child that sleeps pretty late (9 pm or later), what do you do in the pm after nap or in the pm generally if nap does not occur?

We usually have morning events, so I guess we could do pm events too, but frankly I'm kind of beat for that. :)

SnuggleBuggles
08-06-2012, 09:23 PM
We are a late family. When ds2 was little- After dh got home and we had dinner together, it'd be daddy and little one play time. Outside time, walks, just hanging out together at home... Sometimes we'd go out to dinner. I love the way our family has so much unrushed time in the evenings. Now evening tend to be busy with sports and school events.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-06-2012, 09:47 PM
We are a late family. When ds2 was little- After dh got home and we had dinner together, it'd be daddy and little one play time. Outside time, walks, just hanging out together at home... Sometimes we'd go out to dinner. I love the way our family has so much unrushed time in the evenings.

:yeahthat:

this is us too. we like to use evenings as just chilling time here, so kids go to bed after 8pm. when he is here, DH is done with work after 530 or so...we eat dinner, go outside and play with water table/sprinkler, play with toys while listening to music, etc. about once a week during the week we will go out to dinner, shop a little at the mall or something, whatever. am really enjoying it because as snugglebuggles said, i realize that in a few years the evenings things will be more rushed with things like homework, sports practice, etc.

queenmama
08-06-2012, 10:19 PM
DH works til 7 and isn't home before 8 so evenings are family time here too. It is hard when Henry has sports, Scouts, or other activities in the evenings, and/or a huge pile of homework. We just gotta deal the best we can.

Smillow
08-07-2012, 10:11 PM
When DS has had a nap bedtime can be quite late. Our library is open until 9 pm, so we might go there, or the Y to swim, sometimes a walk.

dec756
08-08-2012, 08:29 PM
family dinner, a movie possibly a game or go out for something

belovedgandp
08-08-2012, 08:58 PM
During the summer that was when we went (still do) go to the pool. 6:30-8:00 when it shut down was common for us.

We did lots of evening walks, visits to parks, picnic dinners. Or when things were busier, I'd leave and run errand by myself. Those were some of my best shopping trips and I could usually manage to make it home just in time for our only child at that time to be ready for bed, so kisses and good night. Sometimes that bath, books, teeth thing at the end of a long day was more than I could take, so nice to leave that to DH and still get some downtime in the evening.

crl
08-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Dd is an early bird, but older ds was always a night owl. We used to go for walks, often to a park when it was light out. In the winter it was harder, I used to let him watch baby eintseins. Dh was almost never home so it was usually just the two of us.

Catherine