PDA

View Full Version : Would the combi twin sport be impossible to push at Disneyland

todzwife
08-06-2012, 09:42 PM
with a 48 pound 6 year old in one of the seats? She's narrow, so I'm not worried about her fitting in the seat.

I could get one on clearance from albee for $179, which is under 'budget'. Although I'd prefer the b-agile, I'm considering the combi but I'm not sure if it will be a bear to push...

Anyone try it?

sweetsoul99
08-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I haven't pushed that much weight in that stroller, but i don't think it would be "impossible", it would just make for some slightly more fatiqued muscles and wrists. Instead I would look for something a little better used on cl. We took our bjcmd and loved it.

Kaylee31
08-06-2012, 11:35 PM
I know you already had & sold a BJCMD. But have you considered buying another since the orange & green are a great price on Albee right now? I think it would be much easier to push & have way better resale than the combi or b-agile. Sorry, I have no experience with the combi, but the drop to footrest looks very short in pics, so I don't think it would be very comfortable for your oldest. But I could be wrong. :)

bisous
08-07-2012, 01:01 PM
The only Combi I've ever had was the Combi Savvy Soho. I bought it on a recommendation from the famous baby bargains book!

Unfortunately, it was also hands down the worst stroller I've ever owned and I've had both Evenflos and Gracos! The push was TERRIBLE and so was the steering. I'd try to do the b-agile or the BJCMD if I were you. DEFINITELY not worth nearly $200!!

elektra
08-07-2012, 01:20 PM
I imagine that would be brutal if she is riding for any significant amounts of time. You will love it getting in and out of the shuttles but that's about it.

todzwife
08-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I did own a BJCMD, but found a couple of things annoying. 1. the handlebar was too high for me (I'm only 5'2"), 2.the basket was IMPOSSIBLE to access. Britax seems to have fixed these issues w/ the double b-agile and I want one really bad LOL!, but DH does not want any more strollers in the garage. Including the quattro beast SIL gave us, we've got 5 in there right now (BOB single, B-ready, g-luxe, micralite fastfold and quattro).

The quattro has small holes in the canopy and basket where it has rubbed when folded, so I couldn't even craigslist it and our freecycle isn't active. DH said we can bring it on this trip and if he hates it (I'm making HIM push it!) he'll leave it there LOL!

sweetsoul99
08-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Have you considered bringing your fav single an then just renting a stroller there? We were there last fall with the whole fan and my 8 and 10 yo nieces took turns in te rental stroller while the dad carried the 4 yo. It is pretty decent. By the end of the day waiting for the light show to start, standing, I definitely wished there was a stroller for me too!

todzwife
08-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Have you considered bringing your fav single an then just renting a stroller there? We were there last fall with the whole fan and my 8 and 10 yo nieces took turns in te rental stroller while the dad carried the 4 yo. It is pretty decent. By the end of the day waiting for the light show to start, standing, I definitely wished there was a stroller for me too!

Yes, this was a thought I had. The problem I am having is that the walk back to the hotel (maybe a 10 minute walk at most). When we went in March, we brought a Graco literider (which was fine and functioned well). My 6 year old pooped out on me EVERY night and fell asleep in the stroller...so I had to wear my 2 year old back to the hotel. I have a very bad back, and until I can get it under control I can't really wear her. It really wasn't fun.

I feel like we NEED a double. DH says we don't. He's convinced that the quattro+ $20 wal-mart umbrella is going to be sufficient, but when we went in March, I ended up walking back alone w/ the girls while he stayed longer w/ DS. I can't push 2 crappy single strollers back by myself.

I want to bring my b-ready...I'm hoping that he'll change his mind before we go.

hellokitty
08-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I have an older combi twin, with the nice big canopy that I know the newer ones no longer have. We used it last yes for WDW with our 2 yrs old and our 6 and 7 yr old (who were about 50 lbs) took turns with it. I was afraid it would be a really awful push, esp with the wt difference btwn DS3 and his older brothers, but surprisingly, the push was very smooth. IDK if there is a big difference in push with newer and older versions, but generally, I generally feel that combi's don't have that great of a push, but I do love them for travel.

todzwife
08-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I wish I could find something cheap on craigslist. *sigh* This is stressing me out.

roseyloxs
08-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Yes, this was a thought I had. The problem I am having is that the walk back to the hotel (maybe a 10 minute walk at most). When we went in March, we brought a Graco literider (which was fine and functioned well). My 6 year old pooped out on me EVERY night and fell asleep in the stroller...so I had to wear my 2 year old back to the hotel. I have a very bad back, and until I can get it under control I can't really wear her. It really wasn't fun.

I feel like we NEED a double. DH says we don't. He's convinced that the quattro+ $20 wal-mart umbrella is going to be sufficient, but when we went in March, I ended up walking back alone w/ the girls while he stayed longer w/ DS. I can't push 2 crappy single strollers back by myself.

I want to bring my b-ready...I'm hoping that he'll change his mind before we go.

I figured this out. You stay with DS and have fun. Then let DH figure out how to get your other two back to the hotel. Its his grand stroller plan, let him deal with it. :D

PZMommy
08-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I figured this out. You stay with DS and have fun. Then let DH figure out how to get your other two back to the hotel. Its his grand stroller plan, let him deal with it. :D

Great idea!

todzwife
08-08-2012, 10:20 AM

LOL! That sounds good to me!

strollerqueen
08-08-2012, 06:16 PM
with a 48 pound 6 year old in one of the seats? She's narrow, so I'm not worried about her fitting in the seat.

I could get one on clearance from albee for $179, which is under 'budget'. Although I'd prefer the b-agile, I'm considering the combi but I'm not sure if it will be a bear to push...

Anyone try it?
When are you leaving again? Why can't you get the B-Agile--too much $$$?

todzwife
08-08-2012, 07:34 PM
When are you leaving again? Why can't you get the B-Agile--too much $$$?

Not until November but I'm totally OCD about having details nailed down. The stroller thing is the only thing stressing me out right now.

I *could* get the b-agile but DH is hesitant to 1. spend more money on ANOTHER stroller and 2. Doesn't really WANT another stroller in the garage. He agreed though that a double will be needed because I can't push 2 singles back alone. It's just not possible.

If I could find one around $300 I'd get it in a heartbeat, right now it's just a smidge out of my price range. But before then I may be able to get one if I save up.

hollissmama
08-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I also say take the b-ready, isn't it almost the same price as a b-agile to replace? The b-ready sounds perfect! Change his mind, you have a bit. :)

todzwife
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
B-agile is $350
B-ready is about $400+another $130 for the second seat. :/