PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Cowmooflage and Onyx on Wayfair $192

chottumommy
08-07-2012, 12:40 PM
A few Britax Frontier Cowmooflage and Onyx on Wayfair for $192. These are clearance items which are returns but usually NIB.

http://www.wayfair.com/Britax-Frontier-85-Booster-Seat-E9LC2H6-BRX1187.html?clearance=true

lcarlson90
08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
I have never heard of this site, are they good to deal with? Has anyone ordered from them before?

AnnieW625
08-07-2012, 06:41 PM
I have never heard of this site, are they good to deal with? Has anyone ordered from them before?

I ordered our Britax Roundabout 55 from them and got a seat last November that was $100 and made in August, 2011. The rumor was that Wal Mart.com had ordered a bunch of seats to sell, but in the end decided to not sell them so they sold them to Wayfair instead and Wayfair sold them at great prices.

If you need a Frontier you need to hop on this deal PRONTO because they will sell out. I feel I totally lucked out on getting my Roundabout. My seat was NIB and I think it still had the plastic cover for the seat as well. Will definitely order from them again if I need something else that is clearanced.

chottumommy
08-07-2012, 06:43 PM

They are reliable. There was a thread here last year when they were selling Trip Trapps on clearance and I got one for $119, an amazing crazy deal and it was brand new in box, never opened.

lcarlson90
08-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks ladies! Next question...is the cow print too girly for a boy?

kaharris83
08-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks ladies! Next question...is the cow print too girly for a boy?

Nope. DS1 has a cowmoo Marathon.

janine
08-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks - is this seat considered ok compared to the SITC version?

lcarlson90
08-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I was ready to pull the trigger and buy this seat but then I saw, "this item may show minor signs of wear". I am afraid I will get a used car seat and it's not returnable. Now I don't know if I should get it.

BabyBearsMom
08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks - is this seat considered ok compared to the SITC version?

I think that the SICT is a bit over kill unless you are in a car with no side airbags.

janine
08-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I think that the SICT is a bit over kill unless you are in a car with no side airbags.

I agree but then I was convinced to get the BLVD based on the extra safety feature, isnt the same kind of thing?

sorry for sidebar....

JanBaby
08-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Only $199.99 on Amazon! I've been watching it for a long time and it's been at $212 so I pulled the trigger (good timing since DS is just about ready to outgrow his Snugride). Multiple patterns...

BabyBearsMom
08-08-2012, 01:25 PM
I agree but then I was convinced to get the BLVD based on the extra safety feature, isnt the same kind of thing?

sorry for sidebar....

I think it is more like the difference between a BLVD and an Advocate

MBAChick
08-08-2012, 01:25 PM
I am really disapointed now. I purchased the one from wayfair but I wish that I had just bought the one on amazon. It had only been an hour and I went online to cancel the wayfair order- wasn't an option.

I contacted customer service and they said that they could not cancel the order because the item had already been loaded onto the truck for shipping. Hopefully I don't get a really crappy one now. I am just sick about this because usually I wait on a deal and miss out and the one time I step up and take action right away...

janine
08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I think it is more like the difference between a BLVD and an Advocate

Thanks! Really helps :). Amazon is a great deal..gonna pull the trigger at last!

theriviera
08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
thanks for posting! i'm going to order from amazon. i'm leaning toward cowmoo but DH hates it.

BabyBearsMom
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
thanks for posting! i'm going to order from amazon. i'm leaning toward cowmoo but DH hates it.

He might like it more in person. My DH hated it but once he felt how soft if was, he changed his mind. He started saying "well, the other seats will be so rough on DD1's skin..."

theriviera
08-08-2012, 01:53 PM
We only have the carseats in one car so I don't want him to hate it, although I think he's wrong :)

is $224 a good price? The livia is $20 more than the other colors.

jennilynn
Only $199.99 on Amazon! I've been watching it for a long time and it's been at $212 so I pulled the trigger (good timing since DS is just about ready to outgrow his Snugride). Multiple patterns...

Just wanted to point out the Frontier is a fantastic seat but it is big and for kiddos 2 and up.

arivecchi
I am really disapointed now. I purchased the one from wayfair but I wish that I had just bought the one on amazon. It had only been an hour and I went online to cancel the wayfair order- wasn't an option.

I contacted customer service and they said that they could not cancel the order because the item had already been loaded onto the truck for shipping. Hopefully I don't get a really crappy one now. I am just sick about this because usually I wait on a deal and miss out and the one time I step up and take action right away... Can you refuse shipment?

arivecchi
08-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Just wanted to point out the Frontier is a fantastic seat but it is big and for kiddos 2 and up. Correct and I honestly would only rec it for big 2 year olds. Much more appropriate from 3 and up for most kids.

chottumommy
08-08-2012, 01:55 PM

I contacted customer service and they said that they could not cancel the order because the item had already been loaded onto the truck for shipping. Hopefully I don't get a really crappy one now. I am just sick about this because usually I wait on a deal and miss out and the one time I step up and take action right away...

Don't worry, I just got mine and its NIB with a DOM of 06/30 and no scratches, no dents. Doesn't even look like it was opened.

JanBaby
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Just wanted to point out the Frontier is a fantastic seat but it is big and for kiddos 2 and up.

The Frontier is for DD. DS will go into her Blvd.

arivecchi
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
thanks for posting! i'm going to order from amazon. i'm leaning toward cowmoo but DH hates it. Cowmoo is awesome. My DH was skeptical but the kids LOVE their cowmoo seats. Since your DH is not going to have to sit on it, I'd let your kiddo pick. :)

AnnieW625
08-08-2012, 02:05 PM
My Roundabout 55 was NIB as well and I bought it in November and it had a manufacture date of August, 2011. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the seat at all.

My Cowmoo story is that DH made me order a Cowmoo BLVD for DD2 because it was a play on camoflauge. I was pretty skeptical about it, but in the end it has grown on me as well and I am happy with the seat. I don't like all of the shiny fabrics that Britax has out right now.

DD1 has the Rushmore Frontier and sometimes she complains about the mesh bothering her legs, but Cowmoo was not an option when we bought her Frontier 80.

MSWR0319
08-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Should I jump on the deal now or wait? DS won't need a Frontier until about December

MBAChick
08-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Can you refuse shipment?

arivecchi,

I guess I didn't realize that I could do that. They said it was too late becuase it had already been packaged for shipping and I said it has only been an hour! Maybe they say that becuase it is a non-returnable item so they make sure that they get thier payment or something. If I refuse to accept the shipment I will still have to pay for it since it is a non-returnable item.
Maybe it will be fine but I am still not happy and told the CS rep that I was not pleased that there were no options for me.

MBAChick
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Don't worry, I just got mine and its NIB with a DOM of 06/30 and no scratches, no dents. Doesn't even look like it was opened.

Thanks! Hopefully I will have the same luck!!! I will let you knw how it turns out.

MommyKari08
08-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Also wondering if I should jump on this deal. My almost 10 month old will be outgrowing his Safeseat in the next couple months, and he will need to use my almost 4 year old's convertible. Should I get the frontier now for my 4-year-old, or do you think there will there be a better deal in the next couple of months?

shoxie
08-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Right Start also has this deal plus 3-3.5% CB at a few of the CB sites. There's tax for some states, though, so Amazon might be a better bet. There's also a coupon for $10 off $50 if you sign-up for their newsletters, but it says that it can't be used with any other discounts, offers, etc., so don't think that'll work.

http://www.rightstart.com/

The discount comes up when you view your cart, and there's free shipping.

arivecchi
08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Also wondering if I should jump on this deal. My almost 10 month old will be outgrowing his Safeseat in the next couple months, and he will need to use my almost 4 year old's convertible. Should I get the frontier now for my 4-year-old, or do you think there will there be a better deal in the next couple of months? Yes. I would go ahead. $199 is a great price.

chottumommy
08-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Amazon also had 3% CB through ebates, not sure if it works on carseats.

janine
08-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Amazon also had 3% CB through ebates, not sure if it works on carseats.

I dont think so, that would have been awesome.

I had an old registry completion discount so used it and got the seat (Canyon to match our interior) for 179. Which is great b/c I just spent a fortune on a BLVD for DD2!

DietCokeLover
08-08-2012, 10:00 PM
FYI, target.com has the pink Frontier on sale for $191.xx.

crunchy
08-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Amazon has all the colors for $199.

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Combination-Booster-Rushmore/dp/B0038W0JI0/

theriviera
08-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Amazon has all the colors for $199.

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontier-Combination-Booster-Rushmore/dp/B0038W0JI0/

Ughh! i ordered this afternoon (livia) and it was $224!

elbenn
08-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Ughh! i ordered this afternoon (livia) and it was $224!

If it hasn't shipped yet, you can call and probably get a price adjustment. They don't do PAs normally, but I think they might if it hasn't shipped yet.

Tinochka
08-09-2012, 10:33 AM
My son also picked the cowmooflage one. I hope my DH will not hate it. I was eager to go with it, because the fabric looks more comfortable that others with mesh.

lcarlson90
08-09-2012, 12:06 PM
My son also picked the cowmooflage one. I hope my DH will not hate it. I was eager to go with it, because the fabric looks more comfortable that others with mesh.

I love the cowmooflage print and DS liked it too but DH vetoed it. Since we plan to use it as a high back booster later he thought that it would be too babyish when DS was 6 or 7. We ended up getting the Rushmore print. I looked at the Rushmore close-up picture and it doesn't look like mesh. Where is there mesh on the seat?

Snow mom
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I love the cowmooflage print and DS liked it too but DH vetoed it. Since we plan to use it as a high back booster later he thought that it would be too babyish when DS was 6 or 7. We ended up getting the Rushmore print. I looked at the Rushmore close-up picture and it doesn't look like mesh. Where is there mesh on the seat?

Except at the front of the seat, all the grey fabric is mesh on the rushmore. The front is a more durable suede like material. I have a mesh cover that I got from a BBB mom and it's held up fine so far.

Myira
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Sorry this may be carseat 101, but if DD is in BLVD 70 and she is petite do you think there is any point in buying the frontier right now? I am confused because I see so many of you with kids born in 08 going for this deal.

curiousgeorge
08-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Sorry this may be carseat 101, but if DD is in BLVD 70 and she is petite do you think there is any point in buying the frontier right now? I am confused because I see so many of you with kids born in 08 going for this deal.

Well, not an 08, but my Feb 09 DS is tall, at 42", and still fits fine in his BLVD 70. I'm not going to put him in a booster until he outgrows the BLVD.

chottumommy
08-09-2012, 12:41 PM

DS1 was born 11/08 and he's average for his age. DS2 is now using DS1's marathon and I needed a new seat for DS1. That was my main reason to go for it. Also he's been FF for 6 months and I don't plan to use Frontier as a booster anytime soon.

arivecchi
08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Sorry this may be carseat 101, but if DD is in BLVD 70 and she is petite do you think there is any point in buying the frontier right now? I am confused because I see so many of you with kids born in 08 going for this deal. If your DD is already FF and you want a new seat I see no problem with it. My DS(2) was born in 1/09 and I would not hesitate to put him in a Frontier if we had one available for him (DS1 is still using his). You can use it as a FF harnessed seat, so it does not mean that you are placing your kid in a booster as implied above.

Momit
08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
We have a mid-2008 average size DS. He RFed until shortly after his 3rd birthday in a RA50 (both cars). Our spare travel seat was a Scenera. Right after we turned him FF there was a great deal on Wayfair for the Frontier so we replaced one of the RA50s, kept it as our spare for travel and sent the Scenera to my parents house. The Frontier is an awesome seat for my DS (he is obviously harnessed).

Myira
08-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks all for the clarification. DD is FF in her Blvd, turned FF this year. I think I will pull the trigger on the Frontier. She can move to it when DS is ready for her blvd. in the meantime I will replace our RA in DHs car with the frontier.

curiousgeorge
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Sorry about that...I think my brain read "booster" somewhere as a part of the Frontier discussion, and didn't compute the part about using it as just a FF 5-pt harnessed seat. That's what I get for trying to feed two kids lunch and sneak computer time in at the same time!

The Frontier is a great FF harnessed seat for those kids that are ready for that...sorry to have implied otherwise!

arivecchi
08-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry about that...I think my brain read "booster" somewhere as a part of the Frontier discussion, and didn't compute the part about using it as just a FF 5-pt harnessed seat. That's what I get for trying to feed two kids lunch and sneak computer time in at the same time!

The Frontier is a great FF harnessed seat for those kids that are ready for that...sorry to have implied otherwise! No worries! I just thought I'd clarify that for non-car seat nerds like yours truly! :)

kaharris83
08-11-2012, 06:14 PM
If anyone is getting a Frontier and doesn't need the UPC from the box I need a carseat to participate in the Registry Rewards program and only need a carseat UPC. I would really appreciate it.

janine
08-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks all for the clarification. DD is FF in her Blvd, turned FF this year. I think I will pull the trigger on the Frontier. She can move to it when DS is ready for her blvd. in the meantime I will replace our RA in DHs car with the frontier.

Mine are similar ages with yours...09/08 and 10/11. DD2 is outgrowing her infant seat (maybe yours is too) so is inheriting DD1s seat and just seemed to make more sense to get her in the Frontier since it would last for some time. She is petite though..seat hasn't arrived yet and hoping it's not soo huge!

MBAChick
08-12-2012, 03:35 PM

Received the Frontier in Onyx on Friday (Ordered on Wednesday at noon!) and it is new in box and clearly had never been opened. I am so relieved and very happy with my purchase.
:applause: