PDA

View Full Version : Does this exist? (twins +toddler)

AngB
08-07-2012, 02:05 PM
My friend just recently adopted newborn twins, and she has a 2 year old. She already bought a regular double stroller (a combi I think, nothing fancy, they already have had to buy a new vehicle to fit all the car seats and the twin adoption was really unexpected so they don't have a ton of money right now.) She mentioned she wished she could find a stroller that she could put the twins side by side, with a spot on the back for her 2 year old to ride on, if he wanted. I thought maybe the stroller gurus here might know of something I could suggest to her to look at/for.

Thanks!

queenmama
08-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Not a stroller guru, I just think she's awesome! I'm barely handling one newborn and a tween! She's my hero!

roseyloxs
08-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes. She could get a board that would fit onto a side by side double. The most popular boards are the valco hitchhiker and the lascal. However most boards won't work while a seat is fully reclined so it won't work until the twins get a bit older and can sit up in the stroller. I would probably suggest a good carrier so she could carry one of the twins and let her 2 year old ride with the other twin.

I would also have her check CL for a valco trimode(or runabout) twin stroller. This stroller can accomodate a joey seat so it remains the width of a double but has 3 seats. She could also look for an adventure buggy but those are very rare here in the states.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5C-uKg67zE4OtjmIwZtFS-EpjhCLRKxpznrJ0aWhd0Bt8VD1e_A

BabyBearsMom
08-07-2012, 03:28 PM
I would do the Valco Trimode with Joey seat. I would not trust my two year old on a riding board, she is too unpredictable and would jump off/face plant.

rin
08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
I would do the Valco Trimode with Joey seat. I would not trust my two year old on a riding board, she is too unpredictable and would jump off/face plant.

:yeahthat:

I just bought a double stroller for my newborn & two year old. We considered a ride on board/sit n stand type stroller, but there's no way my two year old could be trusted to stay on the step. Some kids might be able to at this age, for sure, but if your friend wants to do any kind of longer walks, I think an actual seat for her older kid might just be easier all around.

moll73
08-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I think the new, lightweight Valco Zee also works with the toddler jump seat.

sweetsoul99
08-07-2012, 04:01 PM
I often put kids over the front wheel of my duallie when I'm in a pinch....

roseyloxs
08-07-2012, 05:17 PM
I think the new, lightweight Valco Zee also works with the toddler jump seat.

Good point. I forgot about the new zee. Will be hard to find it on CL since its new this year. If she can find the money for the stroller or has a nice family member that wants to get it for her its about $500 for the stroller and another $100 for the joey seat. Pretty sure the zee would take the valco hitchhiker too so once the twins are older and can sit up they can use a board instead if that's their preference.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8cifCEqtv93AzwZ8RRd1shwiruHCLX nYoINMAJxNwZ90av2HNbQ