PDA

View Full Version : aaarrgg, what now?

elismummy
08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
OK, so bear in mind I am in crazy pregnant nesting mode and my husband thinks I am insane regarding my search for the perfect double stroller. . . . I have posted a couple of times and based on advice, bought the Britax B-ready in black with the Bsafe carseat for $302 from amazon. Was planning to use the carseat on the lower adaptor for ease of folding (just have to take the carseat off but nothign else) and it works fine for my husband but nto for me. I kick the back of the carseat or have to walk far away which is just plain uncomfortable. . . *sigh*. . . so, I am now stuck with what to do. . .

1. Keep the b ready as it is and look for somethign else for me to use when I take out both kids (newborn and 21month old). . . was thinking maybe duet but am worried about the weight

2. buy the 2nd seat for the bready and put the baby in the top position (hoping that I don't kick the back of the 2nd seat)

3. Something else? bj city select? icandy? uppa baby (don't like both kids facing me the whole time)

I don't know, I just want something that is easy to use, easy to push, and not a bear to get into the car. . .

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Kati

todzwife
08-07-2012, 08:27 PM
OK, so bear in mind I am in crazy pregnant nesting mode and my husband thinks I am insane regarding my search for the perfect double stroller. . . . I have posted a couple of times and based on advice, bought the Britax B-ready in black with the Bsafe carseat for $302 from amazon. Was planning to use the carseat on the lower adaptor for ease of folding (just have to take the carseat off but nothign else) and it works fine for my husband but nto for me. I kick the back of the carseat or have to walk far away which is just plain uncomfortable. . . *sigh*. . . so, I am now stuck with what to do. . .

1. Keep the b ready as it is and look for somethign else for me to use when I take out both kids (newborn and 21month old). . . was thinking maybe duet but am worried about the weight

2. buy the 2nd seat for the bready and put the baby in the top position (hoping that I don't kick the back of the 2nd seat)

3. Something else? bj city select? icandy? uppa baby (don't like both kids facing me the whole time)

I don't know, I just want something that is easy to use, easy to push, and not a bear to get into the car. . .

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Kati

do you have super long legs? Have you tried adjusting the handle bar different ways? I'm short so I don't have that problem, I have loads of room and DH (almost 6 foot) doesn't kick the second seat, even reclined.

The second seat is nice, and reclines completely so you COULD put the baby there. Or put your toddler on the bottom and snap the car seat on top. It folds w/ the second seat on.

roseyloxs
08-08-2012, 03:52 AM
Are you going to get the second seat anyway in the future? How did you plan for the baby to ride once his car seat is outgrown? Have you tested the B-ready in store with the second seat... can you walk comfortably with that attached?

I think I would get the second seat and see how it goes or I would just return the whole thing to Amazon and start over (not that you will find anything as nice for $300).

ElspethCordelia
08-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I have long legs(34" inseam) and don't kick the second seat. Do you have a store where you can try it out?

BabyBearsMom
08-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm 5'9" and my DH is 6' and we have no problems with kicking the second seat. My feet kind of go right under the seat when I am walking. I do have to adjust the handlebar when the second seat is in use.

Something to keep in mind is that the top seat is only for babies who are 6months+. I have put my 3 month old in it though with a few receiving blankets rolled up for support or a snuzzler.

elismummy
08-09-2012, 02:49 PM
we just moved to an area where there is NOWHERE to go and try it out. . . closest BRU or BBB is at least 2 hours away. so that option is out.

I have tried adjusting the handle, but it seems to be a leg length/arm length ratio thing. I think that my husbands arms are long enough that he can stand far enough back comfortable that his stride doesn't hit the carseat.

The other issue is that I don't really like putting the baby on the bottom because the only way that bsafe fits in there is forward facing, and it just seems like an infant should be able to see me to bond/reassurance, etc. . . kwim?

Looked at the BJCS, but seems people really feel that it is just too long/heavy and it seems that with the older one way out there with the majority of the weight on the front wheels it would be harder to push. . . .

Do people feel that the duet is a huge pain to fold/lift in and out of the car?

I think at this point I am down to
1. just buy the second seat and give it a try with the carseat in the top spot (is it really tippy with the toddler in the back? She is about 25# now and baby is due in Nov)

2. Buy the duet (maybe from Amazon so at least i can ship it back for free if I need to) but there is no Chicco adaptor for it, right? (that is the carseat that will go in my car)

Thanks,
K

BabyBearsMom
08-09-2012, 03:25 PM
we just moved to an area where there is NOWHERE to go and try it out. . . closest BRU or BBB is at least 2 hours away. so that option is out.

I have tried adjusting the handle, but it seems to be a leg length/arm length ratio thing. I think that my husbands arms are long enough that he can stand far enough back comfortable that his stride doesn't hit the carseat.

The other issue is that I don't really like putting the baby on the bottom because the only way that bsafe fits in there is forward facing, and it just seems like an infant should be able to see me to bond/reassurance, etc. . . kwim?

Looked at the BJCS, but seems people really feel that it is just too long/heavy and it seems that with the older one way out there with the majority of the weight on the front wheels it would be harder to push. . . .

Do people feel that the duet is a huge pain to fold/lift in and out of the car?

I think at this point I am down to
1. just buy the second seat and give it a try with the carseat in the top spot (is it really tippy with the toddler in the back? She is about 25# now and baby is due in Nov)

2. Buy the duet (maybe from Amazon so at least i can ship it back for free if I need to) but there is no Chicco adaptor for it, right? (that is the carseat that will go in my car)

Thanks,
K

Order the second seat from Amazon and if you don't like it, you have 365 day return policy on baby stuff. Also, with a toddler in the bottom the b-ready isn't tippy at all. My DD1 loves the bottom seat and will sometimes sit in it when I am wearing DD2 (so the top seat is empty) and no tipping at all. In fact, she can climb in and out of it when the stroller is empty without tipping it. It is incredibly well balanced (one of my favorite things about it). She is a little over 30lbs.

elismummy
08-09-2012, 07:43 PM
yeah, i agree. ordered this today and we will see how it goes. . . good to know it can fold with the 2nd seat on, so should be just as easy for DH. . .

Thanks!

elismummy
08-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi. Just wanted to give an update since everyone has been so helpful with everything. I got the 2nd seat this weekend for 25% off and it works great with the carseat on the top and my 18mo on the bottom. She LOVES the lower seat, can already climb in/out on her own, and seems like she will have plenty of room down there when her new sibling arrives. And, I DON'T kick the seatback at all when I walk. It is super easy to fold with the 2nd seat on there too and not too heavy. The push is def superior to our old P&T sport, so I think this is a great option, especially since we got:

stroller +infant seat + 2nd seat for ~$400

I can't imagine we could find anything comparable for near that price. So, I am happy. Thanks for the support/advice!
K

now to think about whether I want a SBS double for my car/travelling with 4 kids (thinking maybe BJ City Mini GT is the best option, or perhaps Valco Spark?) but have lots of time for that! ;)

BabyBearsMom
08-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Glad the second seat work :cheerleader1: