PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else do the Lego Mini Build tonight?? It was a SHARK!!

Corie
08-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Did anyone else do the Lego Mini Build tonight???

It was a shark!

The shark is super cool. It is definitely in my top 3 Lego mini-builds.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/MiniBuilds

WatchingThemGrow
08-07-2012, 10:35 PM
We were IN the Lego store at downtown Disney tonight and I saw a long line. I asked a woman what was going on and she kinda shrugged - not sure if it was a language thing or what, but she didn't tell me and I couldn't figure it out while trying to keep track of my 3 going nuts in there.

What are the chances we'll ever be near a store on a "minibuild day" again? darn.

Tell me how it works, please.

alien_host
08-07-2012, 11:30 PM
we went and the line was HUGE! I thought with a beautiful day today that people would skip it...nope we waited 50 minutes in line and arrived at 4:50. The parts are pretty common, so for those who missed it you can probably make it with parts you have at home. Corie posted the link to the directions.

My favorite still is the lighhouse from July 2011.

We try to go every month. It is on the first Tuesday of each month 5-7 pm limited to about 250 models per store. Go early (we try and get there by 4:30) or it is possible they will run out. It generally it is for kids under 14, they say age 6 is the minimum, but each store decides how young can participate. I see kids as young as 3 at my store all the time.

THere is another summer build on August 22nd - either a lighthouse (my favorite mentioned above), watermelon slice or adirondack chair. This one might be less crowded b/c less people might know about it. Same time 5-7.

September's is an owl...super cute!

alien_host
08-07-2012, 11:34 PM
PS I think it was a shark cuz shark week is starting soon!

Corie
08-08-2012, 07:57 AM
We try to go every month. It is on the first Tuesday of each month 5-7 pm limited to about 250 models per store. Go early (we try and get there by 4:30) or it is possible they will run out. It generally it is for kids under 14, they say age 6 is the minimum, but each store decides how young can participate. I see kids as young as 3 at my store all the time.

The September build is Sept. 4th. Just remember the first Tuesday
of each month. :)

At our Cincinnati store, people start lining up at 3:00pm. Crazy!!

The kids and I have timed it both ways. Sometimes we get in line
early like 4:30pm. Sometimes we get in line at 5:30pm or even later.
Arriving later is ALWAYS a shorter wait for us.
(But, you take the chance that the Lego store could run out! My kids
are willing to chance it for a much shorter wait in line.)

Our schedule-

Arrive at the mall around 5:15pm.

Go to food court and eat dinner. Our Chick Fil-A has the Kids
Eat Free on this night. (Buy an adult meal, get a kid meal free)

Last night, we were in line at 5:45pm. We were in & out very
quickly! Well, except for the fact that my kids conned me into
buying the new "Monster Fighters".

Then, we head to Godiva for our free piece of chocolate. We joined
the Godiva Chocolate Rewards Club. It's free to join and you get a free
piece of chocolate each month. All 3 of us belong with our own membership.
(me, DD, DS)

http://rewards.godiva.com/w/webView?cid=12757860190&mid=1095949532&pid=616&vid=13666&email=egernerd%40gmail.com&si=&mv=T&bv=H&oc=H&k=11KjpS

That's it! Then we head home!

alien_host
08-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I agree the line thing is a crapshoot. We used to be able to be in the first 20 or so if we arrived at 4:20, but no more. I looked last night and when we went in at 5:50 or so the line was very managable, but we do worry they will run out.

The Godiva club sounds like fun!