PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive nontrashy clothes for girls size 8?

doberbrat
08-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Ugh, wish I'd paid attention to this when previously discussed but dd1 seems to have had a huge growth spurt!

Needs to be budget friendly - I'd love to stock up on a bunch of hanna stuff but its not in the budget. She pretty much only wears dresses/skirts.

I have a few dresses from LE but pretty much everything else is way too short!

crl
08-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Not at this size yet, but I'd try LE sale page, Crazy 8 with coupon, and basics from ON. Also Gap if you can catch a sale.

Catherine

Melbel
08-08-2012, 11:16 AM
DD1, who is very tall for her age, prefers Old Navy or Gap. With the frequent sales, you should be able to find things in budget. We recently purchased her a few Tea Collection dresses for our beach trip. They are cute (not trashy) and have been priced very reasonably during recent sales, but run a little on the short side. You may also want to look on www.chezami.com. They have the spring/summer stuff half off now (some of which may be transitional into fall).

mom2binsd
08-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Children's place they have some cute simple stuff and it fits my slim nine year old DD and they have great sales.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Tondi G
08-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Childrens Place

kali
08-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Gap is having their 30% off F&F sale until tomorrow. (40% off for Gap card holders, I think.)

Also try H&M if you have one near you.

Melaine
08-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Watching this thread.

LexyLou
08-11-2012, 02:12 PM
I think Target has super cute clothes for girls. Some is a little on the too grown up side, but most of it is super cute.

We also like Crazy 8, H&M and Gap/

fivi2
08-11-2012, 02:28 PM
My girls are a little smaller, but today we went to:

Target - not much luck
JCP - a few t-shirts that were $5 each.
Children's place - mostly fall stuff
Crazy 8 - some cute dresses - I think about $15 ea.

I wanted end of summer sundresses on sale, but didn't find any. Not sure why.

I have never been in a Justice, but we are probably going to check one out soon.

ncat
08-11-2012, 10:41 PM
DD gets a lot of basics at Children's Place. We find some nice stuff at Land' End on sale. We had great luck this summer at Naartjie - the three outfits we got her are in constant rotation. Occasionally I'll get something on great sale for her from Garnet Hill.

Mermanaid
08-11-2012, 11:27 PM
We've done some selective Gymboree during the latest sales (so really cute skirts and one or two shirts), was able to pick up a few shirts at Justice (although still over priced) and the rest has come from Target (solid skinny jeans, scooter shorts, and several shirts scored over the summer for $5 or less).

We were in Kohls yesterday and they had a few tunic sets for $23. I hope they are still on sale next week so I can use my Kohls cash and get a better deal.

I'll usually find several things at Children's Place and Gap but I think we've found enough in the other stores, combined with what still fits from last year, to get us through until it starts getting chilly. Most likely that will be Nov around here.

doberbrat
08-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks Everyone!

ended up getting a bunch of stuff on sale from LE w/their 25% off.

Is the stuff in the stores the same at Children's Place as online? I didnt like what I saw online much.

H&M ... of course!!

We stopped at Nordstrom Rack on fri and they had some ok tunic/leggings for $18. They were sparkly and had tulle so dd1 declared them 'perfect' but she'd been such a brat at the previous store that I refused to buy anything for her. I might consider it if I'm in the area again before school starts.

I let her get some skirts/skorts but I dont know that they'll fit - She's so leggy that if the length is ok, it falls off!

I'm actually considering taking my meager sewing skills and just adding some lace to the ends of her current skirts to just make them longer. :hysterical:

mattiew
08-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Watch for JCrew to have an additional 30% off sale items (kids clothing always ships free). Sometimes you can find great prices.