PDA

View Full Version : swaddling - how did you stop?

urbanmommy
08-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Did you go cold turkey or do it more gradually with one arm out, etc.?
Also, how old was your baby. At DD2's 4 mo check-up her pedi said we should probably stop since she's found her fingers and is self soothing by sucking on them.

urquie
08-09-2012, 01:24 AM
We did it gradually, first one arm, then the other. After the swaddle, we moved on to sleep sacks.

Beth24
08-09-2012, 02:45 AM
We did it gradually, first one arm, then the other. After the swaddle, we moved on to sleep sacks.

Exactly this!

urbanmommy
08-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Exactly this!

Thanks. We swaddled dd1 for much longer until it was really evident that it was time to stop. We'll see how this goes.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Dream
08-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks. We swaddled dd1 for much longer until it was really evident that it was time to stop. We'll see how this goes.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

This is us too, I swaddled DD2 till she prefer to not be swaddled and started taking both arms out.

Mopey
08-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Miss Mopey was getting out of the swaddle early so we did sleep sacks with velcro. First we let one arm out and then both. Then we went back to the aden & anais swaddles with arms out and a week and a half ago just stopped since they were becoming just a roll of fabric around her middle :) now she just wears her footies to sleep.

sunshine873
08-09-2012, 05:14 PM
We swaddled DD until she was "breaking out" on her own. But she was a preemie so swaddling was a critical task to help her muscular development. She was probably about 6 or 7 months old (3 or 4 months adjusted) when we couldn't get her to stay in the swaddle anymore. Then we moved to a sleep sack.