PDA

View Full Version : Favorite moderate resorts at WDW?

acmom
08-08-2012, 09:43 PM
We have stayed at Polynesian and Wilderness but are looking at the moderates for our next trip. We have a 2 and 4 year old. Any recommendations or pros/cons to different moderates?

WatchingThemGrow
08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Port Orleans Riverside is always cheap and has a great slide. We love riding the river boat from there to DTD also. If you plan on having a 3rd DC, though, wait until you HAVE to stay there though, because it is one of the few places that fit 5. They have a kids Murphy bed on the wall. I hate dealing with the buses though. Totally wish we'd had the funds for a monorail resort this week. We stayed there for $149 though, so I can't complain.

Smillow
08-09-2012, 02:27 AM
We stayed at Coronado Beach last January & really liked everything except the food. The buffet breakfast was terrible. The takeout breakfast was much better.

Moneypenny
08-09-2012, 09:32 AM
We've stayed at Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside and would happily stay at either one again.

CBR pros: great kids water play area, nice variety in food court, beaches to play on, decent sized rooms
CBR cons: resort is large (it didn't bother us but some people feel like it's too long a walk to the food court)

POR pros: fun water slide at main pool, decent food court, water taxi to DTD, newly renovated rooms, Yeehaw Bob in the lounge several nights a week
POR cons: also kind of large, may share bus service with French Quarter resort

Overall I found both resorts comparable and we've decided we'll have a hard time choosing for our next trip.

We haven't stayed at French Quarter, but I know a lot of people really like it because it's small. No matter where your room is, you're just a minute or two away from the pool/food court/bus stop. It also shares amenities with Riverside.

hellokitty
08-09-2012, 09:59 AM
For the ages of your kids, I'd recommend pofq. Small resort and younger child friendly pool. We loved it there and will be sad that, now that ds3 is 3 yrs old, we will have to go to por, which will mean more walking.

acmom
08-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for all the replies! Few more ?s...how much of a hassle is it to do buses with little ones from each place? Are we talking long waits/rides? We would be going at an off peak time.

Also, do POR and/or POFQ have any beach/sand areas or just pool?