PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant recommendations near GWL in the Poconos?

vludmilla
08-09-2012, 12:08 PM
We are going to Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos August 18th-20th. I've searched old posts and it seems like some people recommend eating at nearby restaurants for better price/value/quality. I'd love some specific restaurant recommendations!
Thanks in advance!

maydaymommy
08-09-2012, 02:18 PM
I haven't been, but when I was looking into it, I read about a great barbque place nearby. See if you can Google it or check trip advisor.

vludmilla
08-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Thank you! I will check it out.

buddyleebaby
08-09-2012, 03:23 PM
You're in the wrong neighborhood for fine dining.

Of the top of my head there is:
Smuggler's Cove, which is a decent seafood place.
Barley Creek, which is a favorite for beer lovers, as they have their own brewery.
Tokyo Tea House, which is overpriced and not very good when compared to what you can find in the city, imo. It might not be called Tokyo tea house anymore.
Chains- Friendly's, Red Robin, etc.
There's an Au Bon Pain in the outlets but they don't open until mid morning.
Scotrun Diner- it's just a diner, but the food is good and reasonably priced and it's pretty much next door- might be a good place to go for breakfast.
Big Daddy's also moved down there after their original location burned down- that may be the BBQ place pp had heard of. The original had a great reputation. Unfortunately after the move, they rebranded a bit and word among locals is that the quality of their food has also suffered greatly. I have never eaten there- before or after the move, so I can't speak from experience.

I hope you have a great time at GWL!

LD92599
08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
we LOVE Texas Roadhouse, it's about 10 minutes away and i just stay on 611 vs hopping back on 80. So yummy and super close/easy to get to! We've never actually eaten at GWL and always eat off site.