PDA

View Full Version : Older Mountain Buggy double

landuod1
08-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I am looking at a used Mountain Buggy double stroller on CL. It seems like a good deal at $100. At one point the ad had said the stroller was 4 years old, but that has since been removed. My main question is if the current accessories for MB fit older strollers? For example, would I be able to buy the adapter for an infant seat?

Is there anything else I should be aware of with a 4 year old-ish MB? Does $100 seem fair, or should I offer lower?

wellyes
08-09-2012, 05:48 PM
A 4 year old MB double is worth way more than $100. $250 would be a good price. It's either a fantastic deal or a scam - act fast but be careful.

bisous
08-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Okay. I know a TON about buying used MBs thanks to calling their customer service and both good and bad experiences!

The year is important to know to know about compatability in parts and accessories. This can be determined from the serial number. I know with my singles (01) ending denoted certain years (02) other models, etc. I'd call MB customer service to know ahead of time what the serial numbers mean. Serial numbers can be found by flipping the stroller upside down and looking for a sticker on the metal plate.

The older models', but Not TOO old models can use many of the same parts. If you go to MB's website you will see a place where you can specify PRE 2010 buggy replacement parts. But if the stroller is too old they won't work. Call CS and see if you can get specifics. Chances are, if it is really only 4 years old, many of the same parts will work OR MB will have a work around.

$100 for a double is a great price. Not unheard of but great. It will go quickly.

landuod1
08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you for the information! I'm going to look at it tomorrow, so this definitely helps! And good to know it's a good price. :)