PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on thanking nanny?

PunkyBoo
08-09-2012, 06:50 PM
We hired a great nanny about 4 monthzago when I startdd back to work after SAH. We got REALLY lucky I findinga very sweet nanny who has turned out to exceed my expectations. We told her when we hired her that we would do performance evaluation at 6 months. But a lot has been going on with my family and she has handled everything really well. She basically already got a raise as we have decreased the hours she is needed (camps and activities) while keeping the same weekly pay. We also told her in advance that would happen sonshe could anticipate her pay and budget. But I'd like to thank her for all her hard work and dedication. I have told her I really appreciate her efforts but I don't know if my words convey it enough. I want to treat her well so she will want to stay with us. We are not prepared to give her more money right now. Is there something else I can giveher to let her know how great we think she is? Any ideas?

hillview
08-09-2012, 08:23 PM
gift card to a restaurant or salon or spa along with a hand written note?

123LuckyMom
08-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I would write a heartfelt thank you note and give it to her with some sort of treat like homemade brownies or something you think she would enjoy. My DS's preschool teachers still sometimes mention the notes I wrote them when he moved up a class. Everyone wants to know that what they do matters and that someone notices how hard they work and appreciates their skills. Let her know how much you value her in writing. I bet it'll make her feel great!