PDA

View Full Version : Bob!!! I think you're the one!!

todzwife
08-10-2012, 01:39 AM
I have been stressing about a stroller to bring that would accommodate my 6 and 2 year old daughters at Disneyland. Because we are staying within walking distance and aren't using any public transit, I don't need a small easy to fold stroller but something easy to push, reclining with a decent basket. My b ready fits the bill and functions beautifully as a double but at almost $600 I would not be able to replace it for awhile if it was stolen...I considered several doubles and almost bought a b-agile but I remembered that the bob revolution has that awesome footwell that a second child can sit in and with a 70 pound weight limit can actually hold both of my girls and still turn. The width of the seat actually fits them both as well. If they both fall asleep at night if I turn them on their sides and kind of make my big girl spoon the little one they can actually both lay down!

At $325 it's not as much of a financial loss if its swiped, but I do plan to decorate the heck out of it to deter thrives. It only weighs as much as the Quattro but the push is infinitely better. I am so happy and dh will be happy that I'm not talking about it anymore and I'm not spending more money.

bisous
08-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Perfect! :)

smiles33
08-10-2012, 01:55 AM
That's my plan as well, but I bought a used older (3 years old?) Bob on CL for about $175 so I won't be too upset if someone steals it. DDs already tried it out with both of them on there and they love it.

todzwife
08-10-2012, 02:23 AM
That's my plan as well, but I bought a used older (3 years old?) Bob on CL for about $175 so I won't be too upset if someone steals it. DDs already tried it out with both of them on there and they love it.

I have looked for an older one and they are still around $250 on ours!

georgiegirl
08-10-2012, 07:26 AM
I used my single Bob as a double in a pinch. Dd is 6 and doesn't need a stroller, but when we are at Disney or somewhere else that requires lots of walking, she will just hop in the footwell for a bit.

sweetsoul99
08-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Dh and I had an expensive stroller stollen at six flags once, so we now bring a bike lock with us to amusement parks. You can't lock it to anytjing at the park, just kind of lock it to itself.

todzwife
08-10-2012, 11:14 PM
We took it for a test run on our day outing and figured out it won't work with a 2 year old who won't share. She kept screaming for sissy to get out of her seat. Back to the drawing board...

hapimommy
08-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Okay, I really think you should now bring the b-ready and a bike lock. I think that is the only way everyone will be happy. They both can have their own seats, you can push both at the same time, and most of all you will be happy. I know that it is taking a risk, but sometimes it is just worth it, I have been following this saga, and think in the end, what matters is you. I would force hubby to bring our double to Disney no matter how much he resisted. I need the two reclining seats and the gear tray.

todzwife
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Okay, I really think you should now bring the b-ready and a bike lock. I think that is the only way everyone will be happy. They both can have their own seats, you can push both at the same time, and most of all you will be happy. I know that it is taking a risk, but sometimes it is just worth it, I have been following this saga, and think in the end, what matters is you. I would force hubby to bring our double to Disney no matter how much he resisted. I need the two reclining seats and the gear tray.

Yup I think that's going to be our best bet too...I'm so sick of thinking about it. It really has turned into a saga!

This afternoons plan was to bring the Quattro and I'd buy a cheap g-lite that dd1 could ride in during the day. If she fell asleep, I'd take her back and dh could keep the toddler. If they were both asleep we could just walk around with them asleep in the strollers.

But I just got an email from the web store I bought the g lite from and they don't ship to new Mexico! It's part of the continental US....I'm so confused!

Yeah, and sick of it.