PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire/IPad Owners

psimpson3-5
08-10-2012, 09:30 AM
I just paid for Amazon Prime after my trial of Amazon Mom expired. DH and I are now considering getting the Amazon Fire to full advantage of all Prime has to offer. Is it worth it to get the Kindle Fire or should I look at getting a used IPad? We both own IPhones and love them. I had the opportunity to get an IPad 2 years ago, but decided to get a new laptop inside as I wanted to have Flash.

codex57
08-10-2012, 12:37 PM
iPad. Amazon Prime's Instant Videos can be seen on the iPad with their free app.

rolypoly27
08-10-2012, 01:37 PM
iPad. Amazon Prime's Instant Videos can be seen on the iPad with their free app.

Yeah that. Love my iPad. The new streaming app makes this a no brainer in my book (except for the price difference, of course).

wellyes
08-10-2012, 01:45 PM
iPad is AWESOME. I'd take an ipad over a Fire anyday.

But, if you're looking for the Kindle owner's lending library (12 free books "lent" per year with paid prime), you'd have to have a kindle device to take advantage of that. But, basic model kindles are under $50 right now if you have an amazon visa-- and are way better for reading than ipads anyway.

octmom
08-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I love my iPad. You may want to wait until Apple's announcements that are rumored to be scheduled for 9/12. There is talk of a smaller iPad coming out, so the price may be lower.

ETA: I have used the Kindle app on my iPad and really like it. I'm not aware that you can't access the lending library that comes with paid Prime if you are using the app and not a Kindle. ETA2: Looks like I'm wrong and you DO need to own a Kindle device. Boo! https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_primeland_kindlelendinglibrary?nodeId=20075 7120

legaleagle
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
iPad, no question!

wencit
08-11-2012, 12:13 AM
I have a Kindle Fire - DH got it for free from his company, otherwise I would not have paid $199 for it. It's fine for what it does, but it's just not as "polished" as an iPad. It's kind of slow and "buggy" in that it doesn't always recognize my finger taps right away whereas I have no similar problem with my iPhone. Plus with the screen being so small compared to the iPad, I am constantly sizing and resizing webpages.