PDA

View Full Version : Playmobil from 1974

soontobe
08-10-2012, 10:41 AM
*** I am posting here because I really need an answer asap!***

I am about to buy a lot of very nice looking playmobil off of craigslist and I just saw that they mentioned it is from 1974-1981. Is there any reason not to buy it because of thatÉ (lead or something)

I really appreciate your help!

AnnieW625
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
If the price is good and the items are quality I don't think I would hesitate. I have never heard of Playmobil containing lead, but I haven't really been researching it much.

soontobe
08-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Ok thanks! I just needed a little reassurance:)

cntrymoon2
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
I just pulled out some old Legos from the late 70s/early 80s and they are so fun to play with but they are brittle and break when dropped on tile floors. Just something to think about with the playmobil- maybe stick to a carpeted area?

Nechums
08-10-2012, 04:53 PM
My mom saved all my Playmobil and gave it to DS to add to his collection. It's all from the 1970's also. It looks exactly the same as his current stuff. Even the facial features haven't changed. I'm not expert in plastic either, but were it not for the date stamped on the bottom of the feet, you can't tell that it's from a different century.

cuca_
08-10-2012, 05:00 PM
I just pulled out some old Legos from the late 70s/early 80s and they are so fun to play with but they are brittle and break when dropped on tile floors. Just something to think about with the playmobil- maybe stick to a carpeted area?

My only concern would be this. My DDs got some of my younger sister's playmobil, and while they looked fine the plastic was brittle and many of them have now broken. If you are going to look at them in person, you might be able to tell. Look for discoloration.

elliput
08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Playmobil was introduced in 1974. If you are interested in the collectibles aspect at all, it would be worth it for that.

soontobe
08-11-2012, 10:52 PM
K thanks everyone! I. Was able to get almost all the peices I wanted, but one 'lot' I think ds would LoVE was already spoken for:( she said if they don't come by Sunday night we can have it- crossing my fingers!!!