PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a label company please

CharlotteMommy
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Just went to Open House at DS's new school, and we have been instructed to label EVERYTHING that goes to school with him. A friend recommended Name Bubbles. Any experience with this company? Other recommendations? And how about any deals? TIA!!

BabyBearsMom
08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
We did Mabels Labels this year for DD1 and they are great. They are a little pricey but they are very durable.

lizzywednesday
08-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I did Mabel's Labels for my DD as well. ITA that they're pricey, but I found them to be well worth the money I spent on them.

If you "Like" them on Facebook, they often post coupons and/or deals.

There are a lot of different options available!

TwoBees
08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
I've been very happy with Name Bubbles. I first ordered from them 2 years ago and have placed several orders since.

wendibird22
08-10-2012, 01:08 PM
I've used Name Bubbles. I've been very happy with them. Bought a daycare pack 2.5yr ago and a)everything I stuck them on they are still on and b)I still have a ton left that I'm using for DD1 for K.

AnnieW625
08-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Love Name Bubbles.
I have bought the following:
Sampler Pack (http://www.namebubbles.com/labelpack/sampler-pack.html)(you can get this one kids name on it or just your last name--I did both before DD2 because we didn't know her sex and the last name ones are super helpful as well for adult uses)
Bubble Itz (http://www.namebubbles.com/labeldesigns/SIGITZ.html) (these are actually my least favorite products, even though they are okay, I much prefer the heavier feeling dishwasher labels, and if I ever run out of these or order for DD2 I will most likely just order the Classic Bubbles (http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/dishwasher-safe-waterproof-labels/classicbubble.html))
Mini Bubbles (http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/dishwasher-safe-waterproof-labels/minibubble.html) (love these, great all around and good for everything; got these with just our last name on them)
Fun Bubbles (http://www.namebubbles.com/labels/dishwasher-safe-waterproof-labels/funbubble.html) (got these with the girls first last name and our home phone number)

Shipping is super fast as well. Right now they are having free shipping with every $50 order.

new_mommy25
08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I have been ordering from this Etsy shop for the past four years and love the labels. We have labels that have been on Funtainers and Camelbak bottles for several years and the dishwasher hasn't done a thing to them. http://www.etsy.com/shop/GloriasSticker However for things like crayons and pencils I do think it is easier to just write the name with a sharpie rather than use a label. Also, you can put two names on so I usually get half a pack with DS and half with DD.

MamaMolly
08-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I bought name bubbles for both girls and I really like the quality. I need more clothing labels and bought a MamaSource voucher for KiddoTags. I'll be able to post a comparison soon!

arivecchi
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry for the hijack, but what kind of labels does one need for a kid going to kindy? Clothing ones? Soem for their thermos, lunch bags?

Beth24
08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Sorry for the hijack, but what kind of labels does one need for a kid going to kindy? Clothing ones? Soem for their thermos, lunch bags?

I would get clothing labels and labels for all the lunchbox stuff. Mabels Labels sells a variety pack that I always start with that has a few shoe labels, dog tags for backpacks, and then lunchbox/food container and clothing labels. I usually need more of the lunchbox/food container and clothing types so I order an extra sheet of each of those and that's usually enough until summertime. You can use the lunchbox type labels for any school supplies that need it too.

AnnieW625
08-10-2012, 04:35 PM

I got DD1, the Name Bubbles Bubble Itz (although like I said above I prefer the Classic Bubbles, sold with the dishwasher labels or the sampler pack for clothing, very few have fallen off), and the Fun Bubbles, which I put on the inside of the handle of her backpack (it is a Lands End one and it has rubber around it), and I used some of the Mini Bubbles for her Klip It Lunch Kit, and her water bottles. I didn't put one on her lunch box for some reason though, but this year I will.

For you I would do a starter pack, and the Fun Bubbles, which are pretty big. However what I should have done was gotten a google voice number to use just for labels just in case we ever change our phone number. I didn't know that was an option last year when I got the fun bubbles and we probably won't be changing our phone number, but that is just a thought as well esp. if you don't want your actual home phone # out there or your cell phone # out there.

I did labels with first and last name for both of my kids just in case there end up being others with our same last name out there (it isn't common, but you just never know).

tmahanes
08-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I have been very pleased with the name bubbles quality! ! I have some on B's lobbies that are washed and dried once a week and they have been on for over a year in fact about 20 months and only one has come off and actually that was just last week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

endlessheather
08-10-2012, 05:43 PM
We have Name Bubbles also and love them. We had another brand previously and they didn't hold up in the rainy nw as well :) or being washed.

hillview
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
We did Mabels Labels this year for DD1 and they are great. They are a little pricey but they are very durable.

I did Mabel's Labels for my DD as well. ITA that they're pricey, but I found them to be well worth the money I spent on them.

If you "Like" them on Facebook, they often post coupons and/or deals.

There are a lot of different options available!

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Kindra178
08-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Another vote for Mabel's Labels. We label everything for school as well as stuff for use at home, like water bottles, shoes, etc. For that reason, last name labels only just don't work for us.

wencit
08-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I started with Mabel's Labels for DS1, and their Tagmates are still on his clothes, nearly 4 years later! I really wish I had put our last name on the labels so that I don't have to re-label everything like I do now.

I just bought some Label Daddy labels for DS2 because Plum District was having a sale, and they seem to be extremely high quality, but they have yet to be tested.

eno0609
08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
We like Mabel's Labels

georgiegirl
08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I love Label Daddy. I've had them for at least 1.5 years and they hold up very well.

crl
08-10-2012, 11:41 PM

For kindergarten we did not need any labels. At that point there's not any changing of clothes going on at school so no real opportunities to lose clothes, IME. I used a sharpie on DS jackets, backpack and lunch bag (all had room for his name and my cell number on the label). I also used a sharpie to label his lunch box (at that time a laptop lunch box). I didn't bother with his thermos and it always made it home jsut fine.

Catherine

anonomom
08-11-2012, 07:40 AM
I've use Kiddo Tags, and I really like them. They come up often on plum district, and I know they have coupon codes a lot.

chiisai
08-11-2012, 09:35 AM
I love Label Daddy. I've had them for at least 1.5 years and they hold up very well.

I love Label Daddy, too. Found a groupon or plum district or something recently for them and that was an AWESOME deal.

For DS I'm doing the backpack, lunchbox, winter outerwear and accessories, and I did a bunch of stuff for his camps, plus I'll do things for his after school activity accessories. For DD this fall, there's more than DS since she'll be in preschool and have more stuff.