PDA

View Full Version : anybody have WarmBelly wetsuits for their DC?

♥ms.pacman♥
08-10-2012, 02:13 PM
how is the quality? and how is the sizing...what size would you recommend for a very tall, large-torsoed 17 month old?? the site has 12mo-2T size and next size is 2T-4T. I'm definitely getting 2T-4T for DS (2.5 and about 37" tall..he already wears 3t/4t shirts), but with DD, i'm not sure. I know she's already almost 32", and at her 15mo appt she was 22 lbs (though she's probably more like 25 lbs now). She is already outgrowing some 2T shirts and 80 hanna rompers. I'm sure the 12mo-2t would be fine on her now and would last the rest of the summer, but i'd hate to have to buy the next size up realy soon. then again, the 12mo-2T is the largest size that has the crotch opening for adjustability and easy diaper changes (the 2t-4t doesn't)...DD has pooped in swim diaper bfeore, so that's another thing.

Anyway, just wondering what other ppl's experiences are. the kids' swimming teacher recommended to get wetsuits from warmbelly.com, esp once kiddos start doing 30 minute group lessons. even now, my DD is shivering after only spending 10 minutes in the indoor pool and DS's lips turn blue (eek) after just 15 minutes, even in outdoor pools.

TwinFoxes
08-10-2012, 02:21 PM
We got them for DDs for the first lessons they had. Excellent quality, and they really did keep them warmer. The other pools we've been in have been a lot warmer, so we haven't needed them. I'm not sure about sizing, since DDs were small when they wore them, but the crotch flap was super convenient. I would think resale would be good, especially if most people at your pool use them, you could always try to sell them next season. Also, have you tried buying used from any of your fellow parents?

♥ms.pacman♥
08-10-2012, 02:25 PM
We got them for DDs for the first lessons they had. Excellent quality, and they really did keep them warmer. The other pools we've been in have been a lot warmer, so we haven't needed them. I'm not sure about sizing, since DDs were small when they wore them, but the crotch flap was super convenient. I would think resale would be good, especially if most people at your pool use them, you could always try to sell them next season. Also, have you tried buying used from any of your fellow parents?

oh, that is such a good point about resale, didn't think of that!! yeah the more i think about it, i think the smaller size with the crotch flap might be good. will be easier,and i don't really want to think about the possibility of dealing with a poopy diaper in a regular wetsuit!!

and that's great to hear they're effective in keeping them warm. i didn't know these things existed until now, but i'm glad they do. both my kids just get so cold in the water.

and i hadn't thought of buying used..i don't really know the other parents as we are still doing private lessons and during the lessons i'm usually scrambling to get a kid changed or something, so no time to socialize! :p but i will look around and see.