PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Touch....What Accessories Do I Need?

Indianamom2
08-10-2012, 06:44 PM
I just bought an Ipod touch. It isn't even out of the box yet. What accessories should I get/do I need? I'm hoping to keep it out of the kids' hands, but I know they will eventually get to it, so I'm assuming a good case. What do you recommend?

I know Otterbox is highly touted...but there are several versions and is there anything else comparable? The lady in Best Buy showed me some other brand, but the name escapes me at the moment. It was $40!

Anything else I should know about setting it up, etc....as a completely new Apple product owner? (We have all PC stuff, which is fine by me, but the Ipod seemed like the best music player out there...)

Thanks!

JElaineB
08-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I really like my Zagg screen protector, 6 ft long cord (from Amazon), Belkin mini USB power outlet (so I don't need to charge it at the computer). I have a Skull Candy case which has been fine. Make sure to set up an iTunes account if you haven't done so. Also check all the settings on the iPod and be sure to require a password for all purchases.

vonfirmath
08-12-2012, 11:48 PM
My best accessories: The gel case for the ipod Touch itself, an etsy "pouch" to put the ipod Touch in. A spare charging cord (we already have the "convert USB into something that plugs into the wall" piece, and my phone has a USB slot for charging in the car too) to carry with me for charging on the go. And a small electronics cleaning cloth that got tucked into the etsy pouch for cleaning when the glass gets too many fingerprints.

I have not yet had a problem with the kids playing with it. (4-5 years old). But he has to sit down and stay in one spot when using it. And its a monitored "toy"

Sometimes I use headphones and want a speaker one day.