PDA

View Full Version : Geeze louise...facebook question

Melaine
08-10-2012, 08:57 PM
I posted a message on an intact page asking questions about the circ/UTI thing and two of my distant relatives have responded with their opinions.

They are not a part of the group and will probably now get blasted for disagreeing with the majority.

To the question: is there a way to keep my activities private. Like, in theory I don't care but this is kind of unpleasant.

Melaine
08-10-2012, 09:32 PM
oh my gosh, it's so awkward. Ugh.

AngB
08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Good question. I have refrained from posting on public pages/groups for this reason. I am in a few groups that are private/secret that others can't see except group members.

JTsMom
08-10-2012, 09:48 PM
I don't have an answer for you, but I'm cringing along with you. :hug:

Melaine
08-10-2012, 09:58 PM
The thing is, it's not that I thought it was private. I know it would pop up on people's feeds and stuff...it's a completely medical question on a medical page and it's certainly no secret that DS isn't circ'd....although now that I think about it, they didn't know it (the relatives)!

But just never thought they would comment on the thread...it's just weird and uncomfortable and completely out of place. And now lots more people will see their comments which is making me regret it all the more.

TwinFoxes
08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I understand why it's super uncomfortable, but really, it's on them. You have so much stress in your life right now, try not to feel responsible for this. :hug:

AngB
08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I understand why it's super uncomfortable, but really, it's on them. You have so much stress in your life right now, try not to feel responsible for this. :hug:

:yeahthat:

georgiegirl
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
The group/page needs to be private. I had this issue with a local LLL FB page I'm in charge of. Could you PM whomever is in charge of the group and see if they have any desire to have it be a private group since its a sensitive subject.