PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime/ Kindle Lending Library question

octmom
08-11-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm thinking about signing up for Amazon Prime, and the idea of getting a free Kindle book to read each month sounded like a nice perk. Thanks to a thread here yesterday, I learned that I wouldn't be able to read the book via the Kindle app on my iPad. Boo. DH recently got a Kindle as a gift from a friend, so I figured that he could use the free book/ month. The Kindle is registered to him (his email) and I intended to sign up for Prime under my email.

Is there any way for this to work without having to sign up for Prime under his email account? Maybe we should sign up for Prime with his account so he gets the Kindle book and then just add me as a family member to share the benefits? I prefer to have it under my account since I use Amazon more than him, but maybe this is the only way to work it out. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

egoldber
08-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Only the primary account holder gets the free Prime book.

pastrygirl
08-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I use Amazon more than my husband, but Prime is under his account. I use his account for all Kindle stuff, too. I usually take the free book, because he reads too quickly!

BabyH
08-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I just reregistered my Kindle under DH's name. It's easy (it seems) to switch back and forth. I've been a little disappointed in the Lending Library choices, however I get most of my books through my local library for my Kindle these days, so I have plenty to read. Currently I'm in the middle of six books. Yes, six. Three paperback, three e-books.

octmom
08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks. I don't want to mess with his Kindle (he doesn't mess with my iPad), so it seems that registering for Prime in his name makes the most sense.

KrisM
08-11-2012, 05:56 PM
We have a family account that buys Prime, streams movies, and hosts my kindle. It invites DH and I to get Prime benefits. This way, we can easily log onto the family account without seeing the other's individual account. It works well for us.