PDA

View Full Version : b agile double vs city mini double

theriviera
08-11-2012, 02:01 PM
has anyone seen a good comparison of the two? looking for a car double for 3 year old dd1 and 1 year old dd2. Dd1 doesn't really need to ride but i need a double...if i only bring a single then dd1 insists on riding in it. :rolleyes:

hollissmama
08-11-2012, 03:39 PM
I haven't seen a comparison but have a friend with twins who has the b-agile double and I have a single city mini. I know she chose it over the cty mini b/c her hubby kicked it (my husband kicks our BJCM too) and the handle adjusted, she also loved the zip parts to access the front of the basket. I think I would choose the b-agile too but I already have the city mini now.... :) HTH

todzwife
08-11-2012, 04:08 PM
I actually watch both of Baby Gizmo's videos and got the following info:

B-agile:
30.5 wide
11.5 wide seats
18 inch seatback
26 to canopy
automatic lock
WAY easier to access basket
adjustable handle that has a middle V that lets you steer one handed
No bar to kick (and no brake to kick)
Only comes in 2 colors
6" front wheels
9 1/2 inch back wheels

City mini:
29.5 wide
12 wide seats
19 inch seatback
26 to canopy
HUGE bar in the middle that makes the basket hard to get to
HIGH handle bar (the reason I sold mine, It wasn't comfortable for me at 5'2")
Comes in several colors
All wheels are 8"

Right now the price is about the same. If I get one, I'm going for the agile because I already owned a city mini and found it a little hard for me to push because of the handle height and the basket was IMPOSSIBLE to get into if someone was sleeping. I also appreciate an automatic lock that I don't have to mess with.

The canopy, fold, mesh square for "breathability", recline are all about the same.

PZMommy
08-11-2012, 04:43 PM
The new BJCMD that comes out in Sept is going to have an easier to access basket and automatic lock.

I ave a single B Agile and don't really like it. I test drove both the double b agile and city mini double and thought the city mini seemed sturdier and easier to push. However, I am waiting for the new model to come out next month.

Dawn

sweetsoul99
08-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Haha, my kids are exactly the same! Even at 5 and 3. My 3 yo needs a ride at the end of long trips, and if she gets a seat, then my 5 yo wants one too. I got my bjcmd because they kept fighting who got to sit and who got to ride the board. I love my bjcmd, but I've never pushed the britax. I'm 5'9 and kick it occasionally, but I've just learned to adjust my stride. I have to do that when pushing a stroller with a board attached.

theriviera
08-11-2012, 06:37 PM
i'm tempted to get the b-agile because i own a bjcm and i want to try something new :bag

does anyone know how the weight compares? i had a b ready but sold that because it was way too heavy to get in and out of the car.

todzwife
08-11-2012, 09:35 PM
I believe the BJCM is 27 pounds and the b-agile is 28.