PDA

View Full Version : Where to donate a used breast pump?

fedoragirl
08-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I have searched for a while online and cannot find where I can donate my Ameda Purely Yours breast pump. It works perfectly fine and has been used for both my kids. It is 3 years old. I don't have the time and energy to sell it on CL (saw several listed in my area) so I'd prefer donating it so someone can use it.

amldaley
08-11-2012, 04:48 PM
You may have to explain to someone, somewhere, that the Ameda is a closed system, so all that needs to be replaced is a new hygenic kit. Typically, most places say "NO" to breastpumps b/c they think they are all alike.

You could try your local county womens shelter. Call Social Services and as where they take donations for the womens shelter. They may have a thrift shop in the community where they take donations for both the shop and shelter.

You could always list it for free on CL.

You could try a church to see if they have any parishoners in need.

Call your local La Leche League and ask?

kaharris83
08-11-2012, 04:53 PM
You could check for a local Eats on Feets milksharing chapter in your area. Ours has a Facebook page. They may know of someone looking for a pump.

bigsis
08-11-2012, 04:55 PM
How about Freecycle? You can post it and a few ppl will request for it. They will pick up.

chlobo
08-11-2012, 05:17 PM
This place in Newton, MA used to take pumps (not sure if they still do). Maybe they know of someone in your area?

http://www.lactationcare.com/

misshollygolightly
08-11-2012, 06:35 PM
You could call your local LLL chapter and see if they could pass it along. Otherwise, I might just list it on Craigslist (explain in the listing that it's a closed system and the important replacement parts can be purchased at blah blah website).

I have an Ameda Purely Yours (closed system) and am giving it to a pregnant friend. She was thrilled not to have to buy one!

Another idea might be to list it as FFS on Diaperswappers (or a similar website). I'm sure it would get snatched up in no time!

Kindra178
08-11-2012, 08:20 PM
La Leche League took mine to use as demonstration pumps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Putums
10-18-2012, 04:23 PM
I have searched for a while online and cannot find where I can donate my Ameda Purely Yours breast pump. It works perfectly fine and has been used for both my kids. It is 3 years old. I don't have the time and energy to sell it on CL (saw several listed in my area) so I'd prefer donating it so someone can use it.

Hi! I'm new here. Signed up because of this post. Do you still have the pump? I am looking for a donated Ameda Purely Yours double pump. I have a 1 yr old and a 7 week old. I am breastfeeding both and I believe a pump would help us in so many ways. I just haven't been able to afford one. Thank you for your time!