PDA

View Full Version : DTD with baby in the room????

amldaley
08-11-2012, 09:34 PM
DH and I agreed on our position (hee hee hee) with DD1 and I thought we agreed with DD2 but now one of us thinks it is OK to DTD while our 5 month old sleeps in her rock-n-play in the same room and the other one of us thinks that it is not "sexy" and maybe a little "oogey" to even think about DTD with baby near by.

Have you? Do you? Would you? Does it matter if it is quick and under the covers vs Olympic Gold Medalist stuff?

POLL COMING (hee hee hee)....

LMPC
08-11-2012, 09:47 PM
When they are little bitty I say "What's the big deal!" It's not they are going to remember it or anything!

"Poll coming" :hysterical:

SnuggleBuggles
08-11-2012, 09:50 PM
What the heck would they see and understand? Nothing. Not a big deal. Did it plenty of times.

fortato
08-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Until jack was able to talk....Sure...Mike would take me to Pound town....then Jack once said.... "hey guys...what are you doin?". And that was the end of that.

No. No damn way. He will tell the moms at school that Daddy wears assless chaps. Nope.

jgenie
08-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Until jack was able to talk....Sure...Mike would take me to Pound town....then Jack once said.... "hey guys...what are you doin?". And that was the end of that.

No. No damn way. He will tell the moms at school that Daddy wears assless chaps. Nope.

:hysterical: :hysterical:

crl
08-11-2012, 10:13 PM
In the dark, under six months and baby is asleep, yes. Otherwise no.

Catherine

amldaley
08-11-2012, 10:21 PM

See? I am so not feelin' sex right now that when I read "Pound Town", I instantly thought of lemon pound cake. Mmmmmm.

BTW, bravo for you that Mike can get away with assless chaps. When DH tries that on, he just ends up looking like this...
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8284/7762837124_8c485e6dc2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/50893809@N00/7762837124/)
steve martin parenthood cowboy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/50893809@N00/7762837124/) by AMLDaley (http://www.flickr.com/people/50893809@N00/), on Flickr

fortato
08-11-2012, 10:31 PM
A-M.... It's the Vest...Mike doesn't wear the vest....but the guns make it kinky.

Dream
08-11-2012, 11:37 PM
DD2 is 17 months and sleeps in her crib next to our bed and we DTD as long as she's asleep.

JBaxter
08-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Bite the pillow it muffles the sounds. Lights were off baby asleep yup it happened

What about a hotel room on vacation?

queenmama
08-12-2012, 01:28 AM
This thread!!! :hysterical:

Why do the lights have to be off? If LO is young enough to be in the room, what difference does it make?

crl
08-12-2012, 01:41 AM
This thread!!! :hysterical:

Why do the lights have to be off? If LO is young enough to be in the room, what difference does it make?

I agree, totally illogical. But, that's how I felt. Like the lights had to be off. Maybe because then *I* couldn't really see the baby?

Catherine

queenmama
08-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Haha! I get it! It is sort of awkward.

Liziz
08-12-2012, 06:37 PM
If the baby is young enough (I'm not sure what age is "young enough" ... DD is 6 months and I still consider that young enough), I don't see a problem with it. However, I voted "no" because DH is totally grossed out by it. We were at a wedding, and DD fell asleep in the stroller on the way back to the hotel. Our plan was to just push the stroller into the bathroom, shut the door, and DTD. Well, DD woke up, so she ended up just getting put down in the pack n' play, which was in the main room. I was still good to go, but DH was absolutely repulsed by the idea (and appalled that I wasn't!)

wencit
08-12-2012, 07:47 PM
No. I just can't. Sex while pregnant doesn't bother me (although it grosses out DH), but when the baby is OUT of my body seems to be a different story! I know, totally illogical, but I just can't do it. I have crazy visions of my kid ending up in therapy because as an infant, he heard Mommy and Daddy "doing it."

Yes, I'm weird and neurotic.

hillview
08-12-2012, 07:52 PM
yup preference for the baby to be asleep or facing away from mw :)

AnnieW625
08-12-2012, 08:35 PM
With DD1 we were quiet about it and she was in our room in a pack n play until she was 3 months old.

With DD2 she was only in our room at night until she was about 6 weeks old so by the time we weren't tired enough to DTD she was in her own room.

BabbyO
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
So here's the thing. It doesn't really bother either of us if the baby is sleeping....or if the Toddler is sleeping. However, we have the most amazing luck where about 1/2 way through said sleeping child WILL wake up and interrupt, thus killing the mood...only you're at the point where...there's no killing the "No don't stop," desire.

We've sorta taken to not DTD with sleeping children in the same room...or nearby anytime there is a good possibility they might wake up. We just end up disappointed. Although I do recall at least one occasion where we let DS1 cry so we could finish the deed.

MamaMolly
08-13-2012, 04:27 PM
IMO it's no worse that having the dog watch.

urbanmommy
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
IMO it's no worse that having the dog watch.

Hah, our dog gets really nervous and wants to know what's going on. We always end up cracking up at some point because we'll be dtd and there's the dog with his paws on the bed trying to figure out what we're doing.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

MamaSnoo
08-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Sleeping baby in the room is ok.

I am more comfortable with a younger baby who will not sit up in the crib/look through the slats. We took DS out of our room and into his room around 10 weeks of age. He was in a PNP at that time. I do not really think that he could see anything if he had woken up.

With our older DD, she came back into our bed for co-sleeping around age 9 mos after being in her room from age 3-9 mos. We did not DTD with her in the room at that point.
I do not like the idea of the baby waking up and me being watched.

niccig
08-16-2012, 05:12 PM
So here's the thing. It doesn't really bother either of us if the baby is sleeping....or if the Toddler is sleeping. However, we have the most amazing luck where about 1/2 way through said sleeping child WILL wake up and interrupt, thus killing the mood...only you're at the point where...there's no killing the "No don't stop," desire.

We've sorta taken to not DTD with sleeping children in the same room...or nearby anytime there is a good possibility they might wake up. We just end up disappointed. Although I do recall at least one occasion where we let DS1 cry so we could finish the deed.

:yeahthat: Mood got killed. Even now with older child, DTD during the day with door locked, we often get interrupted.