PDA

View Full Version : What to answer if questioned about "adult oral activities"?

lalasmama
08-12-2012, 03:35 AM
:bag

DD was happily playing around the corner in her room...

SO and I were in a frisky mood...

And DD walked in as SO was pulling his pants up after a quick... ummm.... "kiss" on a certain male area. My head was still in the area.

I'm so embarrassed. SO says he doesn't think DD saw anything. And she hasn't mentioned it, but it happened like 10 minutes before bed time, so it wasn't like she would have much time to mention it.

She knows there's a special kind of hugs that adults do to help make babies, but that's about as far as we have gotten in general sex ed. Certainly haven't discussed (nor am I really ready, nor do I think she is really ready to learn) about alternatives to that special hug that grown-ups do.

Suggestions in case she does bring this up tomorrow?

flashy09
08-12-2012, 08:10 AM
It sounds like she didn't take anything in or she probably would have asked. At 8 yrs old, if she does ask, I think I would make something up like "oh, daddy had a cut on his leg I was looking at" and quickly move on so that it doesn't stand out as a big deal in her mind.

hillview
08-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I'd say SO had a boo boo and you were checking it for him ... I've had this in my back pocket as an explanation.

LMPC
08-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Totally agree with PP's. Don't mention it unless she asks...she might not have seen anything. And if she does...use the booboo story!

lalasmama
08-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh thank you thank you thank you! Obviously, we were in a bit of shock when it happened, and I was at a total loss about how to handle it, especially at that age, where I'd like to stay away from discussions about non-directly-related-to-baby-making activities!

She is a kid that will often mull things over and try to figure them out before coming to an adult to ask a question, so I will lay low about it, not mention it, but if she asks, we will totally go for the owie excuse!

kellij
08-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Checking for ticks. lol

hillview
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Checking for ticks. lol

:hysterical:

megs4413
08-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Dare I say the therapy is working! Next time close the door!

lalasmama
08-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Dare I say the therapy is working! Next time close the door!

Ahem... why, yes, yes it is ;) I still had a moment of flashing back to the abuse, but with some deep breathing and repeating my mantra ("I am safe, this is a safe place"), things are already improving exponentially!

RedSuedeShoes
08-13-2012, 12:08 AM
I like this book (http://www.amazon.com/From-Diapers-Dating-Sexually-Children/dp/155704810X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344830805&sr=8-1&keywords=from+diapers+to+dating) for all matters like this. Actually, it looks like there's a new edition, so maybe I should get that and read it again!

lalasmama
08-13-2012, 12:14 AM
I like this book (http://www.amazon.com/From-Diapers-Dating-Sexually-Children/dp/155704810X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344830805&sr=8-1&keywords=from+diapers+to+dating) for all matters like this. Actually, it looks like there's a new edition, so maybe I should get that and read it again!

It's now on my Kindle Wish List to buy next payday (because I've WAY overspent at the Kindle Store this week). Thanks for the recommendation!