PDA

View Full Version : DD got a duplicate big sis present- suggestions for alt?

zag95
08-12-2012, 01:34 PM
DD, age 4.5, got a Cloud B ladybug nightlight yesterday from her godparents. She had just gotten one from grandma 3 weeks before, and we had already thrown out the box/receipt. While godparents were visiting, she went and grabbed her ladybug nightlight to show. So godmother said she would return their gift and get something else.

What would be a good alternative? Books or ??

Any special sibling books out there? (We already have I'm a big sister by Joanna Cole)

Thanks!

hellbennt
08-12-2012, 08:06 PM
what's the decor of her room? does she already have a lightswitch plate? sounds odd, but a cute one (like from etsy) or somewhere? I was just thinking of turning *off* the light, lol...

AnnieW625
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I would just let the godparents take the ladybug back and get her something else. If she asks for suggestions then suggest something else otherwise just let it be and let them get her something of her choice.

newg
08-12-2012, 09:24 PM
was there any reason/meaning/symbolism behing their gift? If there was, it might make it easier to pick something different out that would have similar meaning..................

If they were just going for a cool gift, maybe letting her pick out a special book/stuff animal.......or if they are going to return it, maybe they can take her to build-a-bear and they can help her make her own stuff animal.

zag95
08-13-2012, 01:54 PM
DD's new room is a periwinkle- it's a little more grown up and girly, with some Monet artwork, etc in similar colors. They wanted to get her the ladybug light because our GD loves hers and they thought DD would love it too! (she does but we don't need 2 of them!!),so godmother took it with her and asked what suggestions we have for a gift idea- I am at a total loss- we've got several lamps (on dresser and night stand).