PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? Giving Build A Bear as a gift?

AnnieW625
08-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Yesterday DD1 and I bought some Build A Bears to give her two friends (they are having a joint birthday party as they are 3 days apart) as a gift. I let her pick one ofthe $10 bears (http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod10400077&selectedParentCategoryId=cat110056&categoryId=cat110061&dressMeMode=true) and then bought the little $5 Happy Birthday tee shirt (http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod80181&selectedParentCategoryId=cat110199&categoryId=cat110164&dressMeMode=false). The gift was $15 total. Do I tell the parents how much I paid for the gift because I know BABs can be quite expensive? DD1 said that one of the girls already has a BAB so I have a feeling that the mom would know that the bear we got is not one of the $20 bears, but I don't know about the other girl. I did get gift receipts, but I highly doubt the bears will be returned.

WWYD? I am tempted to tell them so they don't think we spent a fortune on them. The normal gift giving range this year has been between $10 and $20.

wencit
08-13-2012, 11:26 AM
No, I would not say anything about how much the bear cost. I personally would feel kind of weird if I was the recipient's mom, and someone was telling me how much their gift cost!

vonfirmath
08-13-2012, 11:27 AM
That would make me, as the mom you were telling, very uncomfortable.

It doesn't matter how much you paid.

lalasmama
08-13-2012, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't say anything about the price. If they've been there before, IMO, they will know it's not a $20 bear and $15 outfit... and if they haven't been there before, they likely won't realize how expensive it can be! :)

AnnieW625
08-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks! I won't mention it. It is the small town girl in me and I get concerned about stuff like that and I know I really shouldn't, but living in this mega metropolis where there is every thing under the sun (and because it is a mega metropolis things tend to be more $$$) I don't want to come across as giving too much.