PDA

View Full Version : Kid table for new playroom

acmom
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
We recently redid our basement and would like to get some kind of play table. We have an very beat up old kitchen table down there now that we would like to replace (not super kid friendly). We have a PBK little table and chairs in our kitchen that gets used all the time, but for this I am looking for something bigger that would last longer or be adjustable for older ages.

Right now the current table is used for drawing/crafts as well as some puzzles. I would like to find something that could be used for art, puzzles, building (legos), playmobil, trains, etc. as well as bigger kid activities as the kids grow (right now they are 4 and 2).

Any recommendations?

wellyes
08-13-2012, 01:50 PM
My kids are the same ages. I was looking for something adjustable height, for long-term use. Maybe like this: https://www.schooloutfitters.com/catalog/product_info/pfam_id/PFAM10754/products_id/PRO26558?sc_cid=Google_SFT-FS849RD48-2145-SO&adtype=pla&kw=&CAWELAID=1238973905

janine
08-13-2012, 01:59 PM
we just finished our basement too! I ordered the low activity table from LON - 15% off now but out of stock for a few weeks.

It's a bit $, but I liked how it has paper on top, plus can convert to desk later on.

acmom
08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks! I never thought to look at school/teacher supply places (and I am a teacher!)...I will check out options there.

And let me know how you like that LON table...I was just looking at one there too. The adjustable mojo one I think. Our play kitchen is from LON and its been great. I didn't see the one you mentioned, so I will check that out too.

janine
08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
here it is

http://www.landofnod.com/activity-table-complete-set-white/f666

might be smaller than what you want..but i'm a sucker for things that look cute.

let us know what you decide..i'll let you know on this table once it shows up!

mikeys_mom
08-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I have this PBK table that my sister game me when she was moving and didn't have space for it. She originally bought it at the outlet for $25. Don't know that it is worth full price but if you can find a deal on it or something similar it's a nice table. We only have the table, not the carts.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/activity-table-and-carts/

I love the table. It is a great size - nice and wide so all 4 kids can use it at the same time and have plenty of space to spread out. I've had up to 6 kids at it comfortably. It's also nice that it is low so some supplies can just rest on the floor if they run out of room on the table. I like that I don't need chairs cluttering up the space. My very tall almost 8 year old has no problem kneeling on the carpet while he works at the table. It is really durable. It was already a bit dinged up when I got it so I'm not that careful about keeping the finish looking nice but even with lots of markers, glue and playdough being used it has held up pretty well.

roseyloxs
08-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Anyway to just refurbish your old kitchen table to make it more kid-friendly? Possibly refinish the surface and cut the legs to a more appropriate size.