PDA

View Full Version : You will never think of fertilizer the same way again!

anamika
08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
aka older kid funnies
DD's first grade class did a unit on chickens hatching from eggs and there was some mention of fertilized v unfertilized eggs.
As a follow up, DD (7) had this conversation with DH.

DD - Daddy, how do eggs get fertilized in the wild?
DH (sweating bullets and thinking it is time for the talk) - Oh, you know, there are male and female birds and...
DD (interrupting with the "what are you talking about?" tone) - No, Daddy I know they have fertilizer on the farms - what do the wild hens use??

Please add your older kid funnies!

wendmatt
08-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Love it!

lalasmama
08-13-2012, 07:55 PM
DD has been on a definite roll lately....

SO and I took DD out to a buffet last night. After the meal, as we're leaving, DD says, "Hey, SO-name? Thanks for letting me eat tonight." (Ya know, because most nights we don't let her eat?!? LOL)

While drawing a picture, DD announces, "I'm going to make this picture for me. Because I can't make everything for you. Because that wouldn't be fair. Like in Kindergarten, everyone made things for Kennedy. But then Mr G said 'it's not all about Kennedy' so we started making pictures for other people." Her head was doing the "oh no she did-n't!" swagger while saying this.

Discussing Autopia (the go-carts at Disneyland), and why kids can drive them, and why they aren't as difficult as a real vehicle... "I know why it's easier to drive at Autopia... because you don't have to turn around and yell at the kids in the backseat to tell them to behave!"

I get such a kick out of the randomness and reasonings for things she says lately.