PDA

View Full Version : What precious things are your kids doing right now?

BDKmom
08-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Since I actually got a good night's sleep last night (:yay:), I am feeling really gushy about my kiddos this morning. DS can be so cute sometimes right now, I guess to balance out the times he is full-on "terrible twos." This morning I called DH to check in and I hear DS in the background say, "It's MAMA!" Makes my heart melt. His two favorite things right now are Elmo and Toy Story. Elmo has been a fave for a while, but the TS thing is new. MIL bought him just-right sized stuffed Woody and Buzz and he already had a small stuffed Elmo. His other constant companion has been his Fisher Price camera. So now he packs around his Elmo, camera, Woody and Buzz. All four in his two year old arms is a sight to see! He has Woody and Buzz say lines from the movie, and last night I caught him trying to feed Elmo a blueberry. I just love watching him play.

DD is such a sweet smiler. All I have to do is come near her and she breaks out into the biggest grin. My favorite baby thing, for sure. And she is trying to laugh, but can't quite yet, so it comes out all grunts and coos. I know she's gonna give us a big ole chuckle any day now.

What are the things that your DC do that make your heart melt?

weech
08-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Ah, man. I'm in a phase where everything DS does makes my heart melt (even if it's painting his big boy chair with fingerpaint :6: )

My favorite, though is when I say "I love you, DS" and he replies, "I love you so much, mama!" :heartbeat:

BabyBearsMom
08-14-2012, 10:20 AM
DD1 has been a total mama's girl lately. Everyday, when I get home from work, she and I go on a walk just the two of us. She makes the sweetest attempts at small talk, I just love it. She holds my hand the whole time and tells me how this is "big girl only time." She also likes to crawl on my lap and says "mama, wanna snuggle!"

DD2 is such a snuggly sweetie and she laughs all the time. Her laugh can make anyone smile and she has the biggest smiles. Whenever she sees DD1 she just explodes with smiles. It is so sweet.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Awww. Right now I am really enjoying how close my DD and DS are..they are like best friends. When he's not there DD is always looking for him. When DD is crying DS will say things like "I think [DD] wants milk/a toy/lovey." and will try to help her. DS is such a good helpful big brother and has even gone to get cloth wipes (even going to the sink and wetting them a bit first) when i unexpectedly get a poopy diaper from DD as I'm changing her on the floor. They give each other hugs, make each other laugh (of course when they're not fighting, LOL). For me, the sweetest thing ever to see your kids being sweet to each other. :heartbeat:

Beth24
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
When I went in to wake up DS from his nap yesterday I picked him up out of his crib and he asked for a new diaper. He pooped right before his nap and was half asleep and maybe thought he still needed a change. As I laid him all sleepy on his changing pad he patted my chest gently and said sweet little mommy. It definitely made my heart melt!

FTMLuc
08-14-2012, 10:52 AM
DD's kisses, just the way she puckers up her lips and leans in to give a kiss, it is so sweet. My sister was visiting last night and after being asked for a kiss the first few times, DD would just go in for one on her everyime she walked by her aunt.

The twinkle in her eyes followed by a big grin when she is up to no good and knows it or is trying to tease and trick me into something.

BDKmom
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Also, DS is super cute with DD. He always wants to kiss her and touch her. He is very gentle (mostly) and sweet. If she cries, even for a second, he says "Mama feed her!" and if she spits up or has a little drool on her mouth, he runs over with a burp cloth. When we first brought her home, he wanted her to get down and play with him, but I told him she has to get a little bigger. So now he will periodically say, "she's bigger now, mama put her down" so she can play blocks, or basketball or whatever.

And she will watch him playing and just smile and coo. I can't wait until they are able to play together.

twotimesblue
08-14-2012, 01:31 PM
My DS (2.4) is such a little love bug. We went to a friend's wedding last week and he was quizzing me about my own wedding ring when we got back. When I explained that daddy and mummy were married, he looked quite hurt and said: 'But I want to marry mama!'

He is also being so sweet and understanding of my pregnancy issues. I have bad SPD and am in pain a lot of the time, and he often tells me: 'Mama needs rest'. He'll help me sit down and then toddle off to his play kitchen to 'make' me some food (usually pesto, cheese, oatmeal and orange juice?!) which he serves to me on the sofa, with a big hug and kiss. I never knew 2-year-olds could be so empathic, and it definitely makes me come over all teary!

elektra
08-14-2012, 01:44 PM
DS has been telling me he wants to marry me lately- so cute.
Also, I have been focused on certain things for DD, such as swallowing her pills everyday and also swimming. DS is just determined to catch up to his sister in all aspects it is so dang cute. While she was practicing swimming laps, he was right there behind her almost keeping up! Same with the pills. He can now swallow the probiotic pills too!

marymoo86
08-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Someone flipped a switch on my precious DD. She has been a great toddler but 2's are now upon us. The "MIIIINNNNEEEE" has shown up from where I don't know. She has never said it before but now is saying it daily. The stubborness and independence are in full force.

I did get a chuckle last night as we were rocking and reading before bed. If she stubs/scrapes/etc she would grunt and I would say "mama kiss it and make it better." Well last night out of the blue she said "Mama kiss my bottom!" Thought it would a few more years before I heard that one.

BDKmom
08-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I did get a chuckle last night as we were rocking and reading before bed. If she stubs/scrapes/etc she would grunt and I would say "mama kiss it and make it better." Well last night out of the blue she said "Mama kiss my bottom!" Thought it would a few more years before I heard that one.

Ha ha! My DS will say "Mama kiss it?" Great except when he falls on his bottom or bites his tongue.

queenmama
08-14-2012, 06:04 PM
DS is the biggest helper with his baby sis, even when I don't ask... He volunteers to do this or that or he'll hold her if she's fussy and I'm busy. He plays with her and loves to make her laugh. And he is sooo proud of her. He brags about her and loves to show her off. I had said during pregnancy that I was looking forward to seeing them interact more than anything, and it truly is the most precious thing I've ever experienced. :love2:

DD is (mostly) STTN, and it might sound awful but I definitely "love her more" when I'm not completely knackered. And her smile, and her laugh... I just want to punch her, she's so cute!

Even when I am totally exhausted, I still melt every time she latches on. She makes the sweetest scrunchy face and her fat cheeks puff in and out. I die every time, even if it is 3am.

BDKmom
08-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Queenmama, those cheeks are darling! And the dimples! My goodness, that's one cute baby!

elektra
08-14-2012, 06:51 PM
DS is the biggest helper with his baby sis, even when I don't ask... He volunteers to do this or that or he'll hold her if she's fussy and I'm busy. He plays with her and loves to make her laugh. And he is sooo proud of her. He brags about her and loves to show her off. I had said during pregnancy that I was looking forward to seeing them interact more than anything, and it truly is the most precious thing I've ever experienced. :love2:

DD is (mostly) STTN, and it might sound awful but I definitely "love her more" when I'm not completely knackered. And her smile, and her laugh... I just want to punch her, she's so cute!

Even when I am totally exhausted, I still melt every time she latches on. She makes the sweetest scrunchy face and her fat cheeks puff in and out. I die every time, even if it is 3am.

She's precious!

Beth24
08-15-2012, 12:03 AM
She's precious!

:yeahthat:!

lalasmama
08-15-2012, 12:04 AM
DD is working on a bedtime routine of her own that's been making us melt...

She picks out one of her twin dolls that she loves.

She puts them in a crook of her arm.

She sits in her rocking chair.

She tilts the baby towards her.

And then "nurses" the baby while rocking for a few minutes.

She says, "Shhh, Baby just fell asleep."

She lays the baby in it's bed, kisses it, and then starts the process over with the doll's twin.

Other than that, it's been tough, so that's about the sweetest things she's done lately.

SkyrMommy
08-15-2012, 06:23 AM
With the arrival of DS I was worried DD would be upset, but she's been a doll & so helpful and snuggly with all of us. Yesterday a friend was visiting and casually said that DS was so adorable she'd love to take him home to snuggle. DD's head whipped around from where she was building on the floor and she said "No, he's our family, I love him."

And for the past two mornings I happened to be in nursing DS when she woke up, and apparently she's gotten in the habit of whispering "goodmorning little brother" at the door on her way to our bedroom... made my heart melt :heartbeat:

Gena
08-15-2012, 09:28 AM
If DS sees that I am sad or upset, he says to me, "I want to make you happy." Then he takes my face in his hands and gives me a kiss on the forehead. It's incredibly sweet and always lifts my mood.

wallawala
08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I put scented lotion on DD after a bath as a special treat and usually finish rubbing in by saying "you smell sooooo yummy!"

Yesterday am I was putting on my daily moisturizer with sunblock. It's unscented so the smell of the sunblock is all I notice, and definately not what I like. I consider it a necessary evil but was grumbling while putting it on. DD came in to our bedroom and sniffed my leg and said "Mommy you smell sooo yummy!" It was sweet, but I was still a little grumpy sleepy and responded "really? really, really?" And she gave me a very serious look and said "Yes, so yummy, I want to eat you all up. With Ketchup" and toddled back out.

DH and I just about died laughing.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-15-2012, 10:06 AM
these are so cute!!

lately DS has been hugging his stuffed monkeys (his loveys) and says "aww. they love me!"

when I change DD, and if she is fussing DS likes to look on and say things like "Her booty looks a little red. Maybe she wants some diaper cream?" What's so funny is that DS is still in diapers himself, and here he is making running commentary on diapering..

twowhat?
08-15-2012, 11:00 AM
The sweet things siblings do totally melt my heart too!

When DD1 had to stay home sick and DD2 had to go to school by herself, she cried most of the day and we ended up having to pick her up early. First thing she said she she got home - she looked right at DD1 and said "DD1, I am so glad to see you."

Same thing happened when DD2 had day surgery - when we got home she was sad, grumpy, and not feeling well from the anesthesia. DH went to pick DD1 up from school and as soon as DD1 walked in the door, DD2 said "DD1, I am so glad to see you." And her mood was instantly lifted.

Every time I pick them up, I peek in the window and watch for a few seconds. DD1 and DD2 are ALWAYS joined at the hip. They aren't necessarily playing together, but if one moves to a different station, the other follows. For reading time they ALWAYS sit side by side.

I am not looking forward to their separation when they start public school.

lizzywednesday
08-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I dug out my baby doll, Buttercup, from the ILs' basement while we were there for dinner this past Sunday.

DD, who hasn't taken to baby dolls before this, took one look at Buttercup, snuggled her to her chest and said "Beebee? Beebee?" ... yes, DD, that's a baby, her name is Buttercup.

When we got home, DD and I assembled her doll pack-n-play, part of a set of doll things she received for her 2nd birthday from my dad's fiancee, found a blankie for Buttercup and kissed her goodnight.

On Monday night, however, DD wasn't satisfied with Buttercup sleeping in the doll PNP in DD's room. No, DD needed to bring Beebee into Mama & Daddy's room so she wouldn't be afraid at night.

Yesterday, neither DD nor I were feeling particularly well, so DD brought Buttercup over to me to say "good morning" and snuggled with both of us 'til I was ready to wake up.

I really need to clean that doll - she's been collecting dust since the 80's!

StantonHyde
08-15-2012, 03:52 PM
This morning, my kids both wanted to pet the dog at the same time so they decided; "Rock, paper, scissors over who gets his head and who gets his butt". :rotflmao: