PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy tights?

MontrealMum
08-14-2012, 12:38 PM
For me, not a child. I'm looking for some fun, brightly colored matte tights like in this Fall's Boden catalogue. No, they don't sell them there :( So, where would you look? I tried Nordie's but didn't see much. I want tights, not leggings. They need to come in a size that fits someone over 5'5" and 150 lbs. (this is my problem with things that I would purchase locally, they are for very small people. Large usually tops out at 5'5"). I've heard Hue mentioned. Any other suggestions or recs? Help please :waving4:

joonbug
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
H&M maybe?

BabyBearsMom
08-14-2012, 01:14 PM
TJ Maxx sometimes has good ones.

TwinFoxes
08-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Don't buy them from Target. I bought two pairs of really cute colored tights last year, and they both ran badly the first time I wore them. Once was to mass, and the other was to a baby shower, so not exactly rough and tumble situations. Macy's tends to have a really big selection of tights.

arivecchi
08-14-2012, 02:04 PM
I buy Hue ones on Amazon.

TwinFoxes
08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
I buy Hue ones on Amazon.

Ok, what don't you buy on Amazon? ;)

MontrealMum
08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks, guys! I"m headed into town in a few minutes so I'll check out Macy's and scratch Target off the list!!!

I was also looking at Hue on Amazon so if I don't get anything at Macy's or TJ Maxx I'll order some of those tonight.

We do have H&M at home so I'll try that if all else fails.

Zansu
08-14-2012, 03:28 PM
www.welovecolors.com

arivecchi
08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Ok, what don't you buy on Amazon? ;)
pumpkin butter ;)

crl
08-14-2012, 04:44 PM
pumpkin butter ;)

Aren't you glad the BBB convinced you to give Trader Joes another try?

OPer I just ordered a pair of tights from LE. With the code, they were a good price. I wanted grey, I don't think they had a bunch of colors though.

Catherine

TwinFoxes
08-14-2012, 04:51 PM
www.welovecolors.com

Wow! Thanks for posting.

MontrealMum
08-15-2012, 12:01 AM
So, here's my update. The TJ Maxx here doesn't carry hosiery anymore :( I got 2 pairs of Hue fishnets at the Rack (for the in between weather) and some CK tights. I then bought several more pairs of tights at Macy's. Some of the colors are on deep discount for $3.99, the rest were 2 for $22. I think I did pretty well :) but I'm going to check out that other link above - thank you so much Zansu! - because there were 2 colors in particular that I was looking for and Hue does not carry them.

crl
08-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Yea!

Catherine

mimi2008
08-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I know you scratched off target, but just FYI-- i was there this weekend and happen to notice red clearance signs all over the entire wall of tights there.

Zansu
08-15-2012, 04:03 PM
We Love Colors is an amazing resource. They carry plus sizes too, which is why I have them bookmarked.

babybell
08-15-2012, 04:12 PM
We Love Colors is an amazing resource. They carry plus sizes too, which is why I have them bookmarked.

I've never heard of them. Such a cool site. Does anyone here wear those really bright colored tights? :)

TwinFoxes
08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I've never heard of them. Such a cool site. Does anyone here wear those really bright colored tights? :)

Hmm, I've worn purple. Is that really bright?

MontrealMum
08-15-2012, 04:28 PM

In the past I've worn magenta, plaid, polka dots, and argyle. I'm on the hunt for more because I'm a larger size and my old tights don't fit anymore.

DrSally
08-28-2012, 11:01 PM
There were some at my NR, also H&M (don't know the quality), and Target (quality may be off though, if PP had a problem).

DrSally
08-28-2012, 11:07 PM
ooh, I think I need to check out Macy's!

MontrealMum
09-11-2012, 02:05 AM
So, I thought I'd update this thread because I've bought a bunch of tights and had the chance to wear some of them.

Firstly, the Hue tights are amazing! Super soft and thick enough to not worry about snagging overly. Also, because I'm on the taller end, even when I was super skinny I was used to sizing way up in tights/hosiery. Not with Hue. I went with a size 3 because it was the largest available with the most options (the 4 and 5 are really limited), and I really wasn't sure if they'd fit or not. I worried for nothing, they fit great :) In fact the fish nets that I bought are actually too big! I bought them at Macy's and The Rack in case you were wondering.

I also bought a few pairs from Welovecolors recommended by Zansu above. They are not as soft or thick as the Hue tights, but not cheap by any means. They just need a bit more care in taking on/off. The amazing range of colors more than makes up for that!

Lastly, I also bought some DKNY and CK on sale, also from Macy's. I have not worn either, but I'm sure they're fine. I had many pairs of both pre-DS. It was more a matter of finding my current size.

I did not try LE but only because I already have a few neutral pairs of tights and that's mostly what they offer. I've bought from them before, though, and they're nice and durable. Not something you're likely to put a finger through. Which I am quite good at ;)

HTH everyone else :)

citymama
09-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Wow, that's quite a collection! What are you wearing the tights with?

I've been noticing the "youths" are really doing tights these days. Not in a good way - I saw a group of kids walk by the other day who clearly watched too many Culture Club videos. Which is funny bc Karma Chameleon predates their birth by like a decade. ;)

Something tells me the op isn't going for this look though, so I digress...

MontrealMum
09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
No, I'm trying to stay out of the 80's. Once was enough :D

I have several new skirts and a wrap dress from Boden and that's what I'm wearing them with. For the most part I'd been wearing the tamer colors and fish nets (which I see as "tame" for some crazy reason), but it just got a bit cooler here so I've started wearing the stronger colors now.