PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip to The Container Store questions

TwoBees
08-14-2012, 01:27 PM
I'll be near a The Container Store this afternoon--not near my house at ALL so this is a rare trip for me. I've only been once before, and I will have a VERY short time there today (squeezing it in between other things). What should I look for, or what sections should I go to first?

lmr1101
08-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I can't narrow it down because I love the store (usually I do skip the closet section because I know I'm not redoing my entire closet)
But wanted to mention, if you haven't already signed up for their emails do so now and you'll get a 10% off coupon.

kristenk
08-14-2012, 03:26 PM
I think it depends on whether you have something specific that you'd like to try to organize or if you just want to browse the store. You can get tons of ideas and see lots of things just by browsing a bit.

If you're looking for a specific type of product or there's a specific area you'd like to organize or a specific problem you'd like to solve, definitely talk to someone who works there. Also, if you don't like the answer the first person gave you, wait a bit and someone else is bound to come by and ask if you need help!

WatchingThemGrow
08-14-2012, 04:31 PM
If you are looking to organize general things around your home, get a dozen of each size of the multipurpose bins, then come back and read all the ways to use them. http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/fileStorage/portable?productId=10022942

Your life will be transformed.

If you are looking to organize toys, these bins plus some of the deep sweater boxes and regular sweater boxes plus an Ikea Expedit will completely resurrect a messy space.

Nechums
08-14-2012, 05:45 PM
If youre limited in time, browse the website, order and then pickup in the store. Then in you're remaining time at the store, browse to see if there's anything else you want.

TwoBees
08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I picked up a few things I needed, and spent the rest of the time browsing, and getting ideas.

If you are looking to organize general things around your home, get a dozen of each size of the multipurpose bins, then come back and read all the ways to use them. http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/fileStorage/portable?productId=10022942

Your life will be transformed.

Do you have any of those posts bookmarked?