PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On This Corduroy Trench

Kindra178
08-14-2012, 10:52 PM
I love fall jackets. What do you guys think of this?

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/74124?feat=trench-SR0&page=corduroy-belted-trench

SnuggleBuggles
08-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Cute! I bought one like that for SIL years ago and it has looked stylish all this time. I bought her that same peacock shade.

It's a good price too.

ellies mom
08-15-2012, 04:29 AM
I like it. I want it in green. I do have a birthday growing up. Hmm...

TamiRuns
08-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Love it - especially the avocado and plum!

TwinFoxes
08-15-2012, 07:46 AM
$50? I say go for it. Free shipping, and you can always return it in store, right? I typically like corduroy with a little stretch, but that's just me.

okinawama
08-15-2012, 08:19 AM
It's adorable and for that price I would t hesitate snatching it up!!

azazela
08-15-2012, 08:31 AM
I have it in a gorgeous shade of orange from last fall/winter and LOVE it! It's my favorite cool (not cold) weather coat. I feel it makes me look grown up and pulls my outfit together.

Kindra178
08-15-2012, 08:37 AM
I love the avocado and chocolate.

pastrygirl
08-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Love it!! I think I just found my new fall jacket...

arivecchi
08-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Cute find!

smiles33
08-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the link--I just bought a plum one!

khalloc
08-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Love this! I might buy one. I am 5'2" and between a 10-12 for size. Not sure if I should order a medium or large. The reviews tend to lean toward ordering a size down. Then I am not sure to get a petite or not. I think probably Petite will be the way to go, so its not too long on me.

I like the Navy or Teal color. Not sure which one I should go for.

azazela
08-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Love this! I might buy one. I am 5'2" and between a 10-12 for size. Not sure if I should order a medium or large. The reviews tend to lean toward ordering a size down. Then I am not sure to get a petite or not. I think probably Petite will be the way to go, so its not too long on me.

I like the Navy or Teal color. Not sure which one I should go for.

I am about your size (an inch taller and maybe a size smaller) and I got a Petite Medium. It's perfect!

BDKmom
08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Just bought this in plum Thanks, OP, for the link!

vludmilla
08-16-2012, 02:52 PM
There is a $10 off $50 coupon code if you are ordering two of these or anything in addition to the trench. It is LNA2183. Just worked for me.

mikala
08-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Argh, I'm stuck between the teal and the plum too.

They have some nice water bottles as an add on to get to $50, use the code, and get a nice stainless steel bottle for really cheap.

Ebates is also 2%.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/75394?feat=water%20bottle-SR0&page=bean-canteen-25-oz

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/67732?feat=water%20bottle-SR0&page=bean-canteen-sport-top-18-oz

joonbug
08-16-2012, 04:28 PM
I m seriously wanting this... One question, is it too cropped to wear with dresses (casual mid thigh tunic style and sweterdresses worn with leggings and skinny jeans)??
I have a longer rain trenchcoat in cobalt blue, very thin black longer corduroy trench and a cropped tan peacoat. They are all for warmer weather though, nothing 'in transition' from fall to winter...
Teal or plum would go better with cognac or burgundy boots / black or dark leggings /skinny jeans / dark bootcut jeans? I m pale in winter, brown hair and green eyes. WDYT?? Tia :)

babybell
08-16-2012, 09:02 PM
There is a $10 off $50 coupon code if you are ordering two of these or anything in addition to the trench. It is LNA2183. Just worked for me.

ahh if only there were something for .01. ;)

azazela
08-16-2012, 09:17 PM
ahh if only there were something for .01. ;)

You can try live chatting with them to see if they'll honor it. I haven't tried but it can't hurt to ask. It's just a penny and LL Bean takes customer service very seriously.

Twoboos
08-16-2012, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the code, it pushed me over the edge to buy the two colors I'm trying to decide between!! ;)

vludmilla
08-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the code, it pushed me over the edge to buy the two colors I'm trying to decide between!! ;)

Happy to enable! ;)

anamika
08-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Thank you!!! I was all set to buy so the code really sweetened the deal for me. Got avocado and teal to try.

Now can I wear this over my LEC cowl neck dress?? :hysterical: :hysterical:

FTMLuc
08-17-2012, 09:32 AM
vludmilla Thank you for the code. I got the trench in plum and these owl PJ for DD for $49 total!
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65472?catalog_id=TC&moe=INIT&subrnd=0&productId=1007933&gnattr=AR_Test_3%3AAR_Test_3

*myfoursons
08-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks, op! I picked up the coat in teal, let's hope it's a keeper.

I also picked a pair of black penny loafers -- I know they're trendy for fall, but I'm not sure if they'll fit my style so I didn't want to spend a ton. I'll see if I can make them work with my wardrobe:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/71433?feat=Portland%20penny-SR0&page=women-s-portland-penny-loafers-patent-leather

luli13
08-17-2012, 05:40 PM
So I just got the teal in the mail and I love the color and the corduroy style. But... I got it in a small (I'm a 6 in most clothing items) and it is kind of shapeless. I know it has the belt to cinch in the waist a little but even with that the belt is huge. It fits ok in the arm-maybe just a tad bit big. Am I just not used to "misses" sizes? Should I send it back for the x-small? How does everyone else's fit?

bekahjean
08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I got mine today, and it is huge! I measured before I ordered to make sure I was purchasing the correct size. I'm going to call and exchange it for a size smaller. I felt like I was playing dress up it was so big!

ourbabygirl
08-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Many of the reviews on their site say that the sleeves are too long... have the rest of you found that, too? I'm considering getting one, myself, but I'm about 5'3" and I'm worried that even the petite might be too long in the arms/ bulky/ shapeless (if the reviews are true).
It's a great price, though, so it's very tempting!

elbenn
08-19-2012, 09:22 AM
I decided to try one. I ordered in bright navy. On my computer, the bright navy appears to be almost a deep sapphire blue which is a popular color this fall. I hope it is as bright IRL as it appears on my computer. Thanks, OP, for pointing out this jacket, and thanks to the poster who posted the coupon code.

joonbug
08-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I have similar reserves so holding out until more BBB moms review it lol. I m 5'6" but really small and am afraid that even XS will be huge :(

ilfaith
08-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I have similar reserves so holding out until more BBB moms review it lol. I m 5'6" but really small and am afraid that even XS will be huge :(

I am thinking the same thing. They say their extra-small is a size 4, and I am typically a 0 or 2 (petite...since I am a shade under 5'3"). I think the jacket is really cute and would be great for our north Florida "winter" but I know LL Bean sizes tend to be generous (as my 6-year-old is currently wearing a pair of size 4 kids LL Bean shorts).

Twoboos
08-19-2012, 11:08 AM

I am thinking the same thing. They say their extra-small is a size 4, and I am typically a 0 or 2 (petite...since I am a shade under 5'3"). I think the jacket is really cute and would be great for our north Florida "winter" but I know LL Bean sizes tend to be generous (as my 6-year-old is currently wearing a pair of size 4 kids LL Bean shorts).

I ordered in 2 colors and am thinking they are both going to have to go back. I got a regular XS even though I usually wear a 0 or 2. I wonder if a petite would be better, height wise I don't make the petite cutoff (5'5") but I wonder if the overall dimensions of the coat would be smaller. (Wishful thinking, I'm sure!! ;))

I think they are coming tomorrow so I can post a review then.

babybell
08-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I ordered in 2 colors and am thinking they are both going to have to go back. I got a regular XS even though I usually wear a 0 or 2. I wonder if a petite would be better, height wise I don't make the petite cutoff (5'5") but I wonder if the overall dimensions of the coat would be smaller. (Wishful thinking, I'm sure!! ;))

I think they are coming tomorrow so I can post a review then.

I'm definitely curious. I wear a 4 so I'm guessing the XS would be good.... but I'm tall so can't do petite.

Twoboos
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
OK, got the jackets. They are just the right weight for chilly New England fall. This is the item I've been searching for! I like both colors, it would be a hard choice.

But they are huge. Giant. I look like I'm playing dressup in the XS. I can gather a handful of material on each side of the jacket. The sleeves go down to my mid-palm/base of my fingers.

I am so bummed. I am going to call and see if the petite is smaller overall, or if the sleeves are just shorter. <sigh>

joonbug
08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Dang such a BUMMER. I was hoping the xs would fit. Im 5'6" so not sure of petite for myself, byt weighing barely 115... I wont even bother ordering :(.

cono0507
08-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Mine came today and it is a keeper for me.
I ordered a medium. I'm 5'10" and size medium or large, depending, in brands like athleta, lucy, patagonia.
It fits great with sleeves that are plenty long for my long arms that I'm not sure it will work well for people who aren't tall.
It could have been slimmer in the body of the jacket, but once I tie the waistband it is fine. I couldn't go to a size small in this jacket or I wouldn't have enough room in the shoulders but the medium will work.

ETA - I've had second thoughts and I'm sending it back. I'm not in love with the styling including the shoulders and all the buttons. I tried to convince myself to like it but it is a no go. It did have potential though!

smiles33
08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Just got mine (a purple Medium). I'm 5'7" and between 8-10. Arm length is fine, as are shoulders, but I do feel like it billows out a bunch when the belt is cinched. I tried to leave it open w/o the belt, but then it looks like a shapeless jacket. Argh. I can't decide if I want to keep it. I will say that I love the purple color but I may end up returning it since I don't love it.

*myfoursons
08-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Ugh, everyone is correct, the darn thing is huge. I got the XS, it is bulky and ginormous. The sleeve length is good, I'm 5'8", but everywhere else it's just too big. Oh well, guess it's going back.

Kindra178
08-23-2012, 10:42 AM
I got a medium and it's pretty bulky but not huge. I will most likely be wearing it with heavier clothes than I tried it on. I may exchange for the petite medium or just go to the small.

I have LLB's trench coat and it's simply not that big.

joonbug
08-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Happy to hear its working out for some of you at least! I'm going to pass, hope another cute corduroy trench will catch my eye one day... Oh well ;).

ourbabygirl
08-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Super bummed, but i also have to give a :thumbsdown:. I got mine today (Petite S in purple), and it's just too bulky. I'm 5'3" and about 120 pounds, FWIW.
The corduroy is kind of wide, too, and it just makes me look bulkier than I should/ need to- like a football player or something (bulky in shoulders, etc.). Plus the buttons on mine are crooked- the ones on the one side, when buttoned, don't exactly line up with the stationary ones right next to them. Not a big deal, but it would annoy me over time.
I'm bummed that it didn't work, and annoyed that I have to spend $6.50 to send it back now. :shake: Oh well- guess in this case I got what I paid for! On the look out for another option...

boss1
08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Super bummed, but i also have to give a :thumbsdown:. I got mine today (Petite S in purple), and it's just too bulky. I'm 5'3" and about 120 pounds, FWIW.
The corduroy is kind of wide, too, and it just makes me look bulkier than I should/ need to- like a football player or something (bulky in shoulders, etc.). Plus the buttons on mine are crooked- the ones on the one side, when buttoned, don't exactly line up with the stationary ones right next to them. Not a big deal, but it would annoy me over time.
I'm bummed that it didn't work, and annoyed that I have to spend $6.50 to send it back now. :shake: Oh well- guess in this case I got what I paid for! On the look out for another option...

I agree. I ordered the Petite Small and the coat is big and boxy. I'm so disappointed. The coat has so much potential but the sizing is just terrible.

pastrygirl
08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
I usually wear a L or XL, and ordered the L in Plum. I like it. The arms/sleeves are just right. I wish it cinched in at the waist a bit even without the belt, but it still looks good since I have a larger frame than most of you that are posting, LOL! I'm keeping it. :)

I'm not sure I would've bought it if I'd tried it on in person, but I like it enough to not want to bother with the cost of returning it.