PDA

View Full Version : Can I ship clothes vis First Class Mail Parcel?

ChefGirl
08-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I need to ship some clothes to my cousin. Can I ship them via First Calss Mail Parcel? Is that the cheapest way to ship them? If so, do I put them in a box or an envelope? Thanks everyone.

marymoo86
08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
You can only ship first class if the weight is less than 13oz. Any package is fine.

If it is greater than 13oz, a priority flat rate padded envelope may be your best bet if it will fit. Depending on the weight and size you may have to send parcel or regular priority. You can estimate on the usps website to see the costs.

misshollygolightly
08-15-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm a big fan of the Priority Flat Rate Envelopes and Boxes for shipping clothes. Your local post office should have a whole shelf full of them in different sizes, and they are free to take. Not sure how many clothes you're talking about, but I think the Large Flat Rate Box is an excellent value. It costs $15.45 to ship (regardless of actual weight, which is good because clothes can be very heavy), can hold a good amount of stuff, and includes 2 day delivery. If you just have, say, a blouse or a few baby clothes to mail, the padded envelope is a good deal ($5.30 for 2 day shipping).