PDA

View Full Version : S/O - what color Corduroy trench?

Twoboos
08-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Kindra posted about this in another thread:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/74124?feat=trench-SR0&page=corduroy-belted-trench

This looks like a great fall piece but I can't decide on a color! I am leaning toward Teal or Plum. Trying to avoid black and navy - I have enough of those. Brown and Avocado are in the middle.

Will teal be too bright? I have a lot of grey/black/dark colors in my wardrobe, and a fair bit of dark purple/plums so could go with either I guess! Help me decide! Dark hair, fair skin, brown eyes.

Poll coming!!

azazela
08-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I have another LLBean jacket in teal and it's beautiful! I voted for Teal on the trench, although as I said in the original thread, I own it on orange which doesn't seem available this year. I love having colorful coats/jackets!

BDKmom
08-15-2012, 04:52 PM
I am so glad you posted this...I saw the same thread and was also wondering which color to get. I have been looking for something like this. I'm torn between the plum and the avocado. For some reason I don't care for the teal. It may look better in person, but from the picture it doesn't appeal to me. I will be curious to see how others vote.

joonbug
08-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Plum! Love this trench too ;). Is just might be The BBB Must Have for fall 2012 (just like Arivrcchis cape last season lol)!

TwinFoxes
08-15-2012, 04:54 PM
For myself I'd pick plum. For you, because of your coloring and your wardrobe I picked teal. Also, it seems you like the teal the best. :)

cono0507
08-15-2012, 07:56 PM
After reading that thread this morning, I bought one in Avocado. :) I already have too many purple jackets and I was drawn more to the avocado for some reason, more than the teal.

bekahjean
08-15-2012, 08:07 PM
I bought it in avocado as well. I have lots of bright sweaters, so I went with a more fall colored neutral.

I wonder how many of us are going to end up with this coat. I can't wait to get
mine. Now I just need the temperature to drop by about 30 degrees!!

Twoboos
08-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I dunno, I'm leaning Plum now. Teal is VERY bright and cheery for me. I love black, grey, brown, muted boring colors. I am trying to branch out, so trying to push myself to teal! But trying to decide what will clash the least with my general wardrobe. (As if I only have one fall jacket, hahaha.)

I should probably just order both and return one, LOL.

Kindra178
08-15-2012, 09:00 PM
I got the brown. If it works, I may get the avocado or plum.

azazela
08-15-2012, 09:00 PM
I dunno, I'm leaning Plum now. Teal is VERY bright and cheery for me. I love black, grey, brown, muted boring colors. I am trying to branch out, so trying to push myself to teal! But trying to decide what will clash the least with my general wardrobe. (As if I only have one fall jacket, hahaha.)

When in doubt, order both!

wendibird22
08-15-2012, 09:14 PM
I think teal would go with the colors you wear most often. I think teal looks great with both cool and warm tones.

tarnator
08-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Since you seem to like the teal and plum best, I vote plum. There is something that I don't like about that teal colour - maybe it is just my monitor. However, my preference is for the avocado.

Now I am thinking that maybe I should pick one up too. But seriously....I have wayyyyy too many coats!

joonbug
08-16-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm thinking of ordering one as well.. But would it be too short to wear with dresses (Would love to wear it with leggings and tunic length dresses (mid thigh or so) in the fall, but would it be too cropped?

lizzywednesday
08-16-2012, 12:58 PM

I have similar coloring to your description (pale skin, medium-to-dark-brown hair, hazel eyes) and I'd opt for the teal over the plum.

The green base to the teal will bring out any natural highlights in your hair and will warm your skin tone without washing you out, and I think you run the risk of wash-out with the plum.

Also, it sounds like the teal is a bit more outside your "comfort zone" than the plum might be, so it'd be a fun way to step outside yourself.

FTR, I love both teal and purple, but I think there's something about a more green-y color that warms the skin a lot more than a blue-y color.

justlearning
08-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Have you ever seen or heard about the Color Me Beautiful book? There was a thread on this many months ago where I posted links to online color swatches.

I bring that up because there's no way that the same person could look good in all those colors--one would make them look "alive" whereas another would make them look tired (e.g., I am a "summer" and could NEVER look good wearing the avocado color, as much as I may want to). Colors like teal and brown are difficult to look at online because they can go either cool or warm depending on the undertones.

Based on what you've said, I think that the plum color probably has the highest likelihood of looking good with your complexion. Cute jacket and great price!

BDKmom
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I just ordered the plum.

pinkmomagain
08-16-2012, 04:02 PM
I voted for the green. But that teal is really pretty and would look good with jeans, I think.

ourbabygirl
08-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Plum! :) The teal just looks a bit cheap or something to me (at least on the screen).
I'm wondering if the plum would work better than teal with brown and black. So, if you switch purses, boots, etc. from brown to black, I think both would look good. And I wear blue jeans almost every day in the fall, so as much as I love blue tops (shirts or jackets), they never look right with my blue jeans.