PDA

View Full Version : The Disneyland double stroller saga...the end...yes. The END!

todzwife
08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
DH was SO SICK of me talking about it, researching it and stressing about it, he ordered the inglesina twin swift. hahahaha! I was VERY nervous because there aren't ANY reviews or anything and I wasn't sure how much weight it pushes etc. It says 15kg but it is a STURDY stroller, I'm sure her 48 pounds soaking wet isn't going to kill it.

It got here today and I think it's going to work wonderfully! The recline is fantastic. Not flat but pretty close. The seat height is 19 inches and seat bottom to canopy is 25 inches. My 6 year old has a seated height of 26 so she'll have to slouch a smidge. Seat width is 11 inches. Good thing she's narrow.The canopies are ok. Anything seems skimpy compared to BOB or BabyJogger or Britax. I can easily tie a muslin blanket to the handles and drape it over if the 2 year old falls asleep. I LOVE that there are 3 handles. It makes it easier to turn. With my 2 year old in it, I can't feel her weight at all. It's fantastic!

The seats when reclined have the back piece that can come detatched so my 6 year old's head can stick out the top if she falls asleep at night. I'm sure this is the last year of her doing that so I'm not worried there is no "growing room".

Baskets are skimpy, but I have mesh bags that can hang as well as a skip hop saddle bag. The Diono cup holders fit wonderfully so I'll put 2 of those up top. The Brica snack pod fastens to the side for the 2 year old's cup, but if it gets bumped (which it will if it's sticking out) it falls over. So that's not going to work.

It folds up about the same size as the Quattro. It weighs about the same as the quattro. It does not tip with 10 pounds hanging on the handle.

So...I'm just waiting for the 6 year old to get back from school so I can try her in it. Crossing my fingers...

UPDATE: Maddie fits in it fine. It's not a super roomy seat, but it's comfortable for her, and she can lay down. Her long legs look funny when she rests them on the foot rest but she claims it's fine. It's not HARD to push with both of them in it, but it's not a one handed push either (but really, is anything with 75 pounds?)...

SO yeah! FINALLY! It's over!

roseyloxs
08-16-2012, 03:27 AM
:thumbsup: Let us know how it works out in DL. Specifically I would love to hear if you kick that 3rd wheel in back. I fear that's the biggest reason a side by side umbrella wouldn't work for me.

todzwife
08-16-2012, 05:00 AM
:thumbsup: Let us know how it works out in DL. Specifically I would love to hear if you kick that 3rd wheel in back. I fear that's the biggest reason a side by side umbrella wouldn't work for me.

I'm pretty short so that's not usually a problem for me and these handles are super tall but I'll keep you posted!

spannaz
08-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I'd be curious to see some pics with your girls in it, if you have time :loveeyes: Sounds like you found a good fit for your trip. Sorry if this is in another thread (I've been away a bit and haven't caught up on here ;)), but how much did you end up finding one for? Did you get a smoking deal? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellokitty
08-17-2012, 11:09 AM
LOL, what a saga! I'm glad that in the end he gave in.

abh5e8
08-17-2012, 11:45 AM
whoo - hoo! any pics?