PDA

View Full Version : Mid week fun (I hope): what political parties are your elected officials?

AnnieW625
08-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Just wondering about this.

I am in California.

Our governor is a Democrat

Our senators are Democrats

My outgoing congressonwoman is a Democrat in a very gerrymandered district (my opinion only, and I am very happy to now be in a much more reasonably drawn district--it's all a big square)

My state assemblymember (in an equally gerrymandered, but not as bad as the congressional district) is also a Democrat

My state senator is also a Democrat

Our city's mayor is non partisan, but I believe she is a Republican (and our city has a balanced budget, unlike many other cities in our general area)

poll coming

crl
08-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I live in San Francisco. I'll give you one guess. :rotflmao:

Catherine

elliput
08-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Completely Republican from top down. I live in the wrong place.

AnnieW625
08-15-2012, 07:02 PM
I live in San Francisco. I'll give you one guess. :rotflmao:

Catherine

Long Beach is right behind you as every part of the city has elected all Democrats except a small sliver that butts up against Orange County and will continue to be all Democrat, unless my district elects a Republican to congress (which is now in my new congressional district).

ha98ed14
08-15-2012, 07:05 PM
My state assemblymember (in an equally gerrymandered, but not as bad as the congressional district) is also a Democrat

I'm jealous. I'm stuck in the happiest place on earth... if your a conservative.

In case anyone is listening: Sharon for Assembly 2012! (http://www.sharonquirksilva.com/)

o_mom
08-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Republican all the way here. It is so red that the local city and county council and other elected officials typically run unopposed. Our polls didn't even open last November because the entire ticket was unopposed republicans. The local races are typically decided in the primary.

Most of the time I'm resigned to picking the candidate in the primary that I disagree with the least.

maestramommy
08-15-2012, 07:46 PM
In NH. Our governor and one US Senator is Dem. I believe the other Senator is Republican. All of my local and state officials are Republican, as well as our Congress rep.

marymoo86
08-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Mixed

Democrat governor - who is so poor of an official is electing to not rerun as governor
1 Dem senator and 1 Rep Senator
Congressman is a Dem
State Senator is a Republican

marymoo86
08-15-2012, 08:05 PM
Mixed

Democrat governor - who is so poor of an official is electing to not rerun as governor
1 Dem senator and 1 Rep Senator
Congressman is a Dem
State Senator is a Republican

marie
08-15-2012, 11:05 PM
I cast a vote for "monkey" because my state senators/reps are a mix of Republican, Democrat, Progressive, and Independent and I don't think there was an option for that!

MontrealMum
08-15-2012, 11:29 PM
I live in Canada, so I did not vote :D

Our PM is Conservative. Our MP is NDP, and we're in the midst of a provincial election. Our current Premier and MP are Liberals. We're confused here in Quebec.

However, I do have the right to vote in the US, and for that district...the governor is Republican, the State Senators are Democrats, and the Reps. are Republican.

ilfaith
08-16-2012, 12:05 AM
I am in Florida, where our governor is Republican, our Senators are split, and our district's representative in the House is also Republican. We just moved over the summer and looking at this thread, I realized I have no idea who my representatives in the state legislature are. In fact I just now looked up our local mayor, because I had no idea who it was ( turns out he is a Democrat)

MamaKath
08-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Entirely Democrats down the line. So much so that if you are not vote Democrat down the line it often feels like a wasted trip to the polls! Republicans have a very slight chance in a local election, absolutely no chance in a larger election.